All,

I've just released a Countdown Watch that allows to set a maximum mission time. In game, it replaces the standard watch and lets the players see how much time they have left. Optionally, an End Game can be triggered when the time is up.

It is also possible to set your custom watch faces by specifying a different image to use with the watch. To do so, you will have to create a watch face with the same dimensions of the included one.

46E82B0B255A03E1049036E62DD3F375FFE00512

728A274490BCBC5FE7402BDD37384457D4E749CF

It can be found here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931486257

We use this watch in the internal missions we design with 2RGT (check us here if you are looking for an Italian clan).

Comment and feedback always welcome.

_SCAR

• Like 6

Thank you :)

Awesome.  Thank you.

And I have 1 question, since you're on this topic.  Separate from a count-down timer function, is it possible for you to create a "Digital Watch" mod that changes the default analog watch to a digital 24 hour watch?  I know a lot of people would like to have a digital watch with a 24 hour military time format.  So I'm not sure why BIS hasn't offered a digital watch option.  But I know many people would love to see a mod that does it.  TIA.  -V

You can use this one and set the option to not trigger an endmission. You'd still have the "time left" though, but it won't have effect on the mission itself. 

I have not seen a request for a digital watch, but it'd be really easy for me to create one...

Okay.  If I don't need a timer, I'll do that for now.  Thanks!!  But I do think a separate Digital Watch mod that just displays military time would be popular as well.  Maybe even a few types of watch face to choose from.  Something that Spec Ops might use.

17 hours ago, heyvern69 said:

Okay.  If I don't need a timer, I'll do that for now.  Thanks!!  But I do think a separate Digital Watch mod that just displays military time would be popular as well.  Maybe even a few types of watch face to choose from.  Something that Spec Ops might use.

Sure I can do that. Any references would be helpful. :)

maybe I could not show the remaining time if it is set to 0 initially... It doesn't make a lot of sense to have 2 mods which would practically be the same.

Though, the name might be a differentiator in finding it.

GRANDEE!!

Good job _SCAR a needed add-on to every mission.

Any way to trigger the count down mid-mission?

31 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

GRANDEE!!

Good job _SCAR a needed add-on to every mission.

Any way to trigger the count down mid-mission?

There currently isn't a mid-mission trigger, is this something that you'd like included? What would the trigger be though? A hint?

22 hours ago, _SCAR said:

There currently isn't a mid-mission trigger, is this something that you'd like included? What would the trigger be though? A hint?

Let me give you a better example: you trigger an event mid mission..lets say you are tasked with hostages liberation, but you got detected, or the hostages had been moved to a different location. At that point the countdown start,and if you can't find the hostages the mission end. 

Grazie _SCAR.

Oh I see, so you mean an option to start the countdown not on mission start, but with a trigger. I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, _SCAR said:

Oh I see, so you mean an option to start the countdown not on mission start, but with a trigger. I'll see what I can do.

^^^THIS!!

Updated mod v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey _SCAR, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:29 AM, _SCAR said:

This would be a very handy feature.

For example, I am using Ryan's Zombies & Demons mod that includes antivirus pills and injectors.  You can control the duration the pills and injectors provides immunity from the virus.  Unfortunately, there is no way to convey how much time remains to the players except through scripted "hints."  It would be particularly useful to be able to reset their Countdown Watch timer to the time their immunity will last each time they take an antivirus pill or injector.

• Like 1