higgins909

Too many add actoins!

So jets came out, pretty cool.  Quite a shame that the A-10 still flies like garbage, which leaves me to think that the other 2 old jets do too.  Not only that but the new jets will blow the old jets out of the water.  But I've read that the blackfish has changed and so have helicopter flight dynamics.  I have yet to test that...

But I'm here to complain about the new add actions adding too much cluster to the add action menu.  Like for the ak-12.  Even though there are only tracer rounds for it, you get a add action just to change to a different magazine, that's the same magazine you've already got in the gun.  That you can also just press R to change to.  So it's like a waste of space. (Also not sure why a mag reloading hasn't been added in yet)  Now there are 2 new add actions "Right Panel next", "Right Panel mode".  These are there all the time and in KOTH I had zero use for it.  It just made it more of a pain in the ass to get in a vehicle or open/close a door.

Like why isn't there just a button on the keyboard to open/close a door or get into a vehicle?  It can be a pain in the ass to even get the add action to pop up for either!

Is there a way to remove these add actions or something?

Thanks,

Higgins909

• Like 1

Probably an unpopular opinion but I LOVE the action menu. I absolutely love it. The less keybinds I need to remember, the better. Scroll and click baby. Easy peasy.

I hope they never drop it. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Probably an unpopular opinion but I LOVE the action menu. I absolutely love it. The less keybinds I need to remember, the better. Scroll and click baby. Easy peasy.

I hope they never drop it. Just my 2 cents.

My problem with it is, it's super slow to do what you want to do.  You try to do one thing, then do another because the menu adjusts.  Like I tried to get into a helicopter but the add action to get into the helicopter disappeared for a second and I ended up reloading instead.  It can be a pain in the ass to look bodies.  Like it'll show the inventory for the gun the person had, but not the body.  Why isn't it all one inventory?  I don't know.  Another example of it being too slow, is that you're under fire and need to run into a house, but the door is closed.  The add action can be so finicky if it's there or not, that you can't open the door in time and die.  Like why do you have to hump a door to get it to open?  Then it really sucks when there are 10~ add actions... quite a mess.  I'd rather have a quick keybinding then having to scroll though a mess of add actions and not even get to click the one I wanted.

Is there no solution to removing the new "panel" add actions?  I wanna say there is a keybinding for it.  Why do you need both keybinding and add action?  It's kinda like any vehicle.  engine on and off, flaps, gear... none of those need to be a add action when you can set it to a keybinding for a quick and certain action.

10 hours ago, higgins909 said:

Is there no solution to removing the new "panel" add actions?  I wanna say there is a keybinding for it.  Why do you need both keybinding and add action?  It's kinda like any vehicle.  engine on and off, flaps, gear... none of those need to be a add action when you can set it to a keybinding for a quick and certain action.

Go to controls and add keybinds to Left Panel next, Right panel next,,Left panel mode and righ panel mode etc.  Then the action menu entries will go away.

You could also bind the action menu under a key + scroll. This way you don't screw around with it too much. Most of the actions you want to do, will pop up in your screen anyway.
Plus then your mouse scroll alone can be used for other things, like zooming in and out of optics.

Few other notes; If you go to a dead body's weapon, you only see the weapon inventory, go to the body itself and you get the full inventory.
As for door opening madness. Why not go to the door - don't touch the action menu, but wait for the door symbol to appear and hit your use key?

• Like 1