Vasily.B

How to make Ai get in vehicle after enemy detect?

Hi! I'm making mission for stealth and sabotage, and wanted to AI react on me by getting inside vehicle (its tank crews). So i done waypoint "get in vehicle", connected it to trigger [activation type - detected by in indfor], [Activation - opfor (player side)], but that refuse to work. I tried all options selectable in trigger atributes, but no matter what i set, crews run into vehicles on mission start. Any ideas?

Place a Hold waypoint for your tank crew and after that a "get in" waypoint connected to the vehicle.

Create a trigger and set it to Type: Switch/Skip Waypoint, Activation: OPFOR, Activation Type: Detected by Independent and give it a radius in which the player must be stealthy

Sync the switch to the Hold waypoint by right clicking on the trigger and Connect > Set Waypoint Activation and then connecting it to the Hold waypoint.

Edited by insumsnoy
Make it more clear.
  • Like 1

No problem, the switch/skip waypoint trigger is very handy. Just remember it deletes the waypoint it is synced to and every waypoint BEFORE it.

Is there a different behavior with the simple waypoint "get In Nearest" ?

3 hours ago, insumsnoy said:

Place a Hold waypoint for your tank crew and after that a "get in" waypoint connected to the vehicle.

Create a trigger and set it to Type: Switch/Skip Waypoint, Activation: OPFOR, Activation Type: Detected by Independent and give it a radius in which the player must be stealthy

Sync the switch to the Hold waypoint by right clicking on the trigger and Connect > Set Waypoint Activation and then connecting it to the Hold waypoint.

This is very useful, i will have to use this to recreate and OFP mission which was to blow up some tanks with satchel charges.

41 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

This is very useful, i will have to use this to recreate and OFP mission which was to blow up some tanks with satchel charges.

I was recreating mission from OFP in military base near Levie in Everon ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I was recreating mission from OFP in military base near Levie in Everon ;)

Oh, i was thinking of the one on Kolgujev where you have to blow up some soviet tanks

It was on Kolgujev? Damm, i dont know why i remembered this base from Everon and this hills all around. But I starting to create more steath missions on CUP terrains, its just a begin ;)