sberla101

Request: Steering Point/Waypoint visible on HUD/HMD and GPS

With the arrival of the JET DLC, i'm here to ask if it’s possible to add a function to create multiple waypoints (like a flight plan)  that will trigger in sequence once they reach one of them.

These steering points would like them to be visible only on the HUD/HMD (example from DCS, picture 1)

and GPS and that they are joined together by a straight line (visible only on GPS or map, picture 2)

To create Steering Point you could use the same command "Shift + Click" on Map.

Why am I asking you this? I play ArmA with no marker on map or on screen (waipoint) and anyway with the DLC Jet it would be cool to have this new feature.

Thanks

Bye

• Like 6

Map palced waypoints (shift clicking) are already visible on the HMDs and HUDs of these new aircraft even when difficulty has the normal Waypoints Visible option set to to Off.

The waypoint is displayed as a chevron on the terrain for most aircraft but not all.  Some, like the Black Wasp, do not display the chevron on the yerrain but do have visible a maker on the HUD/HMD heading tape showing you which way to turn.

Also displayed is the distance to the waypoint.

All of the above applies to editorbased waypoints as well.  I would post images showing examples but Im at work :(

• Like 1

Awesome, I didn't realize that the way to see waypoint/steering point on HMD was added, maybe because for now I just used the Black Wasp II...which actually has it on the HMD compass (my carelessness).

I've already seen the distance from the waypoint (there is also in my last screen), in fact, ,iI wondered why they had added this feature without putting the waypoint marker.

So is missing only the ability to create a flight plan with sequential waypoints and that shows the route on the GPS.

i would like to see this also but as a VORTAC rose style marker that shows the heading to your current waypoint and the course heading # to the next marker. could be done using the same style of system as the uav terminal but it needs to show the course heading and flight path on the minimap for IFR flight planning and formation flight.  willing to help with any info needed

Edited by EZ41
related thread link