swtx

A question and request from BIS

To the Dev’s,

I am a Modder and avid player, I noticed while on the forums the other day, over on the Community Made Utilities thread, t_d released a debinerization web app that converts all weapon and ARMA 3 models to MLOD format for viewing.  Under the current format, the web app distorts the models so they cannot be stolen or modified by community members.

As a Modder, Would it be possible to get permission from the BIS decision maker who would be responsible for this matter, to allow t_d to provide me with undistorted MLOD models of small arms only, for adding custom weapon inspection animations and press check animations of pistols and rifles? I understand that I might be fighting an uphill battle asking this question. If you agreed to this I would not distribute the MLOD’s in any form, period! I understand the actual models used in ARMA 3 are property of BIS, solely.  I would simply modify the MLOD’s slightly to be included in an upcoming mod release called Project Genesis for A3.

I would add suppressor models to the M320 Intervention and the GM6 12.7 mm anti-material rifle.  The rest would just be adding a round inside the chamber of each rifle and pistol for press checking animations so the player can see a round in the chamber when the bolt or slide are pulled back slightly.  This would be added for immersion and overall gameplay coolness.

I just want to add before I sign off, as Dev’s, you could add this feature in an upcoming release or the TAC-OPS DLC.  (Just a suggestion).

Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.

I look forward to your response on this matter and your help,

Scott Out!

Hoping the Dev's will see this.

10 minutes ago, swtx said:

Hoping the Dev's will see this.

I think you  must PM to one of the BI developers

Woah woah woah, wait. Add a suppressor for 12.7? They are anti material weapons, why would you want a suppressor on it? They're not used against other people. 

When Arma4 comes out, that is when they will allow use of Arma3 models ..... it has always been thus.  Why would BIS trust you not to release?  Sorry mate ... you wait.

• Like 2

Just now, kremator said:

When Arma4 comes out, that is when they will allow use of Arma3 models ..... it has always been thus.

HA! Arma 4... *cough* *cough*

1 minute ago, kremator said:

Out just after Half-Life 3 :)

Arma 4 Is the new HL3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnighters said:

Woah woah woah, wait. Add a suppressor for 12.7? They are anti material weapons, why would you want a suppressor on it? They're not used against other people. 

PGW%2050_1.jpg

There it is folks!  A PGW LRT suppressed .50 AntiMaterial Rifle.  And I want one in A3 :)

2 hours ago, ProfTournesol said:

The topic title isn't really consistent with the demand imho.

I changed the topic title. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Midnighters said:

Well it seems like it actually exists. Altough, I'm not seeing this request happening

• Like 1

If I can get permission from BIS to add to the GM6 model, I will add a suppressor.

That's the whole point of this request.

Cheers !

• Like 1

The new m107a1 comes with a suppressor. And don't forget it's not necessarily the sound as much as the muzzle flash you want to hide. By the time your enemy hears the shot, it's too late :f:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Midnighters said:

Anti material weapons are used on people as well. Whatever gets the job done.

• Like 6

Could some post names of at least one Dev so I can PM the request.

Doesn't look like this open request is going to work.

Thx,

Scott

Why the hell would BI give you, and only you, the MLODs just for your mod? Because you really really really promise not to redistribute it?

Ok, fine.
BI, could you please send me the source code for the game? I swear on me mum, I'll only it for educational purposes.

And I'm sure you can find at least a single developer on this forums in 10 seconds yourself.

• Like 3

Dear BI, please send me the keys to your T72. I promise I won't crash it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Why the hell would BI give you, and only you, the MLODs just for your mod? Because you really really really promise not to redistribute it?

Ok, fine.
BI, could you please send me the source code for the game? I swear on me mum, I'll only it for educational purposes.

And I'm sure you can find at least a single developer on this forums in 10 seconds yourself.

4 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Dear BI, please send me the keys to your T72. I promise I won't crash it.

The first rule in B2B sales guys,  always ask for the business.  The close is the most important part of the deal.  You either go home with a nice commission or your go home with nothing.

Swinging away is part of the sales game.  Remember, all they can say is "NO".  If that happens you move on to the next goal or potential client.

It's about having confidence in yourself, your product or your service(in this case my vision for my Mod), and I do!

All things are possible, as Neo said in the Matrix, "There is no spoon".

Especially where it benefits Project Genisis and my own title using UE4.

This philosophy also works on Women, Life and any sales position.

Hey, I'm engaged to a lingerie model, I must be doing something right.

Scott Out !

Your words are English, but make no sense. Business 2 Business? You are a business? You can imagine why some might suggest you review the EULA if you're using a business environment to get privileged access to assets.

You've been here ages, way longer that me, so I am surprised you even contemplate this.

Going on past experience, I suspect you might need to show some progress on whatever it is you are doing before you will get access to assets like these. Case in point - the Train Simulator ,when that had reached a certain maturity. BI made changes to the assets that helped this guy along. 

the Train Simulator ,when that had reached a certain maturity. BI made changes to the assets that helped this guy along.  the Train Simulator ,when that had reached a certain maturity. BI made changes to the assets that helped this guy along.  the Train Simulator ,when that had reached a certain maturity. BI made changes to the assets that helped this guy along. 

B2B means Business to Business.  I am a salesman and I sell products and services to the oil and gas industry.

You've been here ages, way longer that me, so I am surprised you even contemplate this.

You are correct, sir!.  It never hurts to ask.  Remember, asking if you are not sure will serve you well in life or whatever situation you are in.

the Train Simulator ,when that had reached a certain maturity. BI made changes to the assets that helped this guy along. 

That is a great point.  I will keep that in mind moving forward.

That is WICKED COOL, Sammael !  I would love to do that to the default M320.

So tell me, is that your own M200 Intervention model? Or are you using the "attach to" command to get that result?

Nice shot BTW :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913313075&searchtext=m320

8 hours ago, swtx said:

That is WICKED COOL, Sammael !  I would love to do that to the default M320.

So tell me, is that your own M200 Intervention model? Or are you using the "attach to" command to get that result?

Nice shot BTW :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913313075&searchtext=m320

Should be possible to mod.