Gopher_nz

joystick in Arma 3

This concerns using joystick in Arma 3 - notably two Thrustmaster 16000M FCS combined using TARGET. Just wondered if anyone has had any joy setting them up in Arma 3. I have tried googling it with no success so keen to hear if anyone else has had any luck setting them up.

Cheers all.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
title and move thread

On 5/18/2017 at 8:53 AM, Gopher_nz said:

Sorry to post on this page but it seems I can only create a new topic on the DLC forum.

Moved and changed title.

I set mine up manually (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro). The thrust (if you have a handle) is a bit hard to control (because instead of setting thrust you increase or decrease it), so I'd recommend using buttons for that.

I have a microsoft joystik with thrust slider. When configuring it you have to use the analog thrust configuration and move the slider all the way up and down.

You will see +1 -1 in the setting. After that the thrust slider works just fine!

22 minutes ago, cas said:

I have a microsoft joystik with thrust slider. When configuring it you have to use the analog thrust configuration and move the slider all the way up and down.

You will see +1 -1 in the setting. After that the thrust slider works just fine!

I did that, but if you get in a heli without the joystick, it will be impossible to control thrust.

so why don´t you use the joystic in the Helis?

I do when I have tie to prepare. However, sometimes (usually) it happens that I have to get in and act quick.

I am keen to use a second joystick for the purpose of POV rather than the POV control on the same joystick I am using to manouvre the aircraft/helo - is this possible. I am struggling to make it work

8 hours ago, Gopher_nz said:

I am keen to use a second joystick for the purpose of POV rather than the POV control on the same joystick I am using to manouvre the aircraft/helo - is this possible. I am struggling to make it work

Should be possible if you mannually set it in the controls.