Sign in to follow this  
Theonis

How to Revert 3rd Person camera to pre Jet update?

I fly third person, I'm no hard core pilot here.  Being able to see where my tail is has always been a great benefit when landing in game.  Now with the new camera locked on the axis of the heli, when I tilt forward I see nothing but dirt, and when I tilt back to land I see nothing but the sky and keep clipping light polls.  How do i revert this camera to pre jet update?

• Like 2

you are right there should be a option to change it... in Koth its a big disadvantage. if you are using armed Pawnees and stuff its awsome but for transport purposes its cancer

On 2017-5-17 at 8:08 AM, Theonis said:

I fly third person, I'm no hard core pilot here.  Being able to see where my tail is has always been a great benefit when landing in game.  Now with the new camera locked on the axis of the heli, when I tilt forward I see nothing but dirt, and when I tilt back to land I see nothing but the sky and keep clipping light polls.  How do i revert this camera to pre jet update?

You can't revert the camera, the devs are aware of it and im sure it will be hotfixed.

I literally stopped playing Arma since the update last week. Every time I fly jet or helicopter the new camera movement, besides the fact that you can't see targets as you fly and in combination of drop of FPS, I get nauseous. Unplayable!. I only fly now on Arma 3 and if I can't fly the game is useless. When will Arma developers realize that we won't play the game because of something that they will change to the game but that we play because of what we already like. Changing how the game is played you might as well just build another game that noone wants to play. I'm done unless it's changed or at least there's an option to change it for yourself. I'm open to new features and additions to the game but changing what it functions - well, bye til it's fixed. Oh not to mention that jets start spinning when they get slightly tagged.- wtf!? It's a game , let us play it and dont' ruin it. Dumbast change ever. If you hate jets so much - don't fly them but don't ruin the fun for others. Maybe it's a good thing they are ruining the game. I've put over 3000 hours and hopefully this change stops me. Honestly, I haven't played arma for over a week now and I'm not missing it because of the last week's changes. Totally ruined it for me  and I'm not the only one. We usually have 30+ people on average on our TS for one server and now I see 6 lmao. Yeah, changes for the "win". 

5 hours ago, Vulcan1 said:

Rabble, rabble, rabble...

No, no... This is the point where you should look up the recent changes and learn the new stuff. Your jet spins because it actually takes damage in parts of the vehicle.

The camera issue will be fixed in a hotfix probably.

Also with such ranting behaviour, you will not be missed when you're done.
Oh and by "We", I suppose you mean you.