Sign in to follow this  
alfaceroquince

Very noob question about mods

Hi, this question is very noob but, can anybody tell me please if it is possible to play with my own mods (ace, acre..) in a server where the admins did not include any mod? 

Thank you!

Regards.

Yes if the server owner allow all mods or add the keys of those mod inside the keys folder , also I think ace3 client side , so don't really needed to be added to the server

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, claws01 said:

Yes if the server owner allow all mods or add the keys of those mod inside the keys folder , also I think ace3 client side , so don't really needed to be added to the server

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

thanks for the answer!

Neither ace³ nor acre are client side mods.

If the owner of the server has allowed all mods to be loaded (which probably no public server will have) you can of course load any mod you want. Other players won't be able to see your weapons, your vehicles and whatnot. You and the other players will meanwhile be spammed with errors, decreasing stability or rightout crash your game.

That's why it is paramount to disable the free usage of all mods on servers and why all sensible server owners only allow certain mods. All mods that add or alter objects for instance, have to be required to join a server.

Mods like Head Range Plus, Shacktac UI, DynaSound or Enhanced Soundscape may be allowed on a server, since they are really only clientside mods. But most other mods are not.

2 hours ago, belbo said:

Neither ace³ nor acre are client side mods.

If the owner of the server has allowed all mods to be loaded (which probably no public server will have) you can of course load any mod you want. Other players won't be able to see your weapons, your vehicles and whatnot. You and the other players will meanwhile be spammed with errors, decreasing stability or rightout crash your game.

That's why it is paramount to disable the free usage of all mods on servers and why all sensible server owners only allow certain mods. All mods that add or alter objects for instance, have to be required to join a server.

Mods like Head Range Plus, Shacktac UI, DynaSound or Enhanced Soundscape may be allowed on a server, since they are really only clientside mods. But most other mods are not.

i see, thanks for the answer!