Burnie117

Helicopter camera

basically there not going to fix it because they never do like falling into walls and dying or players sinking into the ground at distance and the head hitbox becomes the chest  or the 100 other ones they always make shit updates that no one likes like this one but they simply dont care

15 minutes ago, Storm7 said:

basically there not going to fix it because they never do like falling into walls and dying or players sinking into the ground at distance and the head hitbox becomes the chest  or the 100 other ones they always make shit updates that no one likes like this one but they simply dont care

Your first post, and it's utter nonsense, congratulations! :D :don9::respekt:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

I seem alone here in saying the camera issue is bothersome but not huge game breaking.  And it'll be good to have fixed in hotfix if possible. 

Alls I'm getting is It's a little More awkward to land in 3rd person.  I really do wonder when you guys are saying it has ruined everything " I was great pilot before this camera change ".

I feel you breda. I love flying low but after this update, its so risky and lading sucks too. Even in 1st person lading feels different now.

• Like 1

Thread cleaned up, now try to stay on topic. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bis_iceman said:
  • Tweaked: Third person camera in helicopters was improved 

Plus an overall improved config control over 3rd person camera, all thanks to bxbx :)

extCameraParams[] = {multFactor, speedMin, speedMax, factorSpeeedMin, factorSpeeedMax, heightMin, heightMax, factorHeightMin, factorHeightMax};

factor == 0 -> camera follow horizon
factor == 1 - > camera follow vehicle heading
factor (0,1) interpolation between horizon and vehicle heading

• Like 5

Helicopter camera Tweaked. @oukej did you have something to do with this? 

EDIT: @oukej you beat me to it :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oukej said:

Plus an overall improved config control over 3rd person camera, all thanks to bxbx :)

extCameraParams[] = {multFactor, speedMin, speedMax, factorSpeeedMin, factorSpeeedMax, heightMin, heightMax, factorHeightMin, factorHeightMax};

Thanks @oukej. Do you know if they will release this as a non dev branch anytime soon?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RacerX said:

Thanks @oukej. Do you know if they will release this as a non dev branch anytime soon?

Atm we're preparing an intermezzo update to the main branch.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, oukej said:

Atm we're preparing an intermezzo update to the main branch.

Let me just say you took responsibility. You listened to us. You contacted the right people and got the ball rolling. You sir kick ass! Much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RacerX said:

Let me just say you took responsibility. You listened to us. You contacted the right people and got the ball rolling. You sir kick ass! Much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Always a work of several people - including you, community - from feedback, gathering and processing it up to actually doing the code, testing it and releasing. So thanks! :)

• Like 10

On 22/05/2017 at 9:38 AM, teabagginpeople said:

I seem alone here in saying the camera issue is bothersome but not huge game breaking..

I play 6 hours a day on the KOTH servers and the skies used to always have Blackfish VTOLs buzzing around, but since 1.70's new rigid 3rd-person camera view the skies are almost empty of them because nobody will spend hard-earned game-cash on something they can't fly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EXEPOWERED said:

So, camera is fixed or i need to do something more?

2 hours ago, Mr_nyoutube said:

An update on this helicopter camera problem would be good ^^

@oukej Has given us an update. An update to the 3rd person camera in helicopters has been pushed to the dev-branch. They are also preparing a hotfix to push to the main branch. 

Haha, wasn't even aware of this, wasn't that bad in the editor but if you fly in any heli for a while it gets me sea sick Imao. (no joke)

Yeah in jets in ain't a problem at all but in heli's, don't get me started...

19 hours ago, oukej said:

I have no idea of scripting and things like that so, can i use this to fix my game (and how to do that) or have to wait for the update?

4 hours ago, Tigihome said:

I have no idea of scripting and things like that so, can i use this to fix my game (and how to do that) or have to wait for the update?

wait for the update. The problem is in the ARMA engine itself as explained in this thread some posts back

• Like 1

So to be clear is this fixed in Dev branch? I'm going to switch to dev branch to test now.

Edit: it's fixed in Dev branch, thanks!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yacobmate said:

So to be clear is this fixed in Dev branch? I'm going to switch to dev branch to test now.

Edit: it's fixed in Dev branch, thanks!

how do i switch to this and can i play multiplayer in this mode/ when will this be updated for everyone?

thanks

Tested on Dev Branch, lovely old camera <3 Now waiting for Main Branch update :3

55 minutes ago, Mr.Theak said:

how do i switch to this and can i play multiplayer in this mode/ when will this be updated for everyone?

thanks

Steam > RMB > Properties >  BETA > Second option (1. None 2. Dev...)
Steam will download files and then you can check camera on Arma 3 EDITOR ;)

Good job @oukej, we appreciate this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yacobmate said:

it's fixed in Dev branch

No its not...

2 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Weird I just downloaded the dev branch this morning and still had the same headache machine

you guys just know or for those that dont know. If you switch to dev branch then you can only play on multiplayer servers that are running the dev branch version otherwise when you goto your favorite server it will have a red "X" indicating you wont be able to join the server. I would advise you guys to backup your non-dev branch before you update to dev branch. in other words have 2 copys of ARMA on your hard drive. One release version and one dev version.Just for those that dont know or dont feel like downloading arma twice or have slow internet/bandwidth issues :f:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RacerX said:

you guys just know or for those that dont know. If you switch to dev branch then you can only play on multiplayer servers that are running the dev branch version otherwise when you goto your favorite server it will have a red "X" indicating you wont be able to join the server. I would advise you guys to backup your non-dev branch before you update to dev branch. in other words have 2 copys of ARMA on your hard drive. One release version and one dev version.Just for those that dont know or dont feel like downloading arma twice or have slow internet/bandwidth issues :f:

Nice, thanks.

I wish it would work on the server I play. At least if I wanted to fly in sp right now I can. Glad to hear there is a working fix being tested.

Any word on the main build update.

Huge shout out to oukej for the acknollagement and getting the ball rolling.

Some updates are good some require feed back and more updates.