kremator

SOLVED Standalone Dedicated server unable to run Tanoa missions ?

Not sure if anyone but BIS can help here, but I have another PC that I use as a dedi server.  It does have a regular copy of basic Arma3 (no DLC) on it.  On a seperate drive is the standalone dedi server program (from Steam).  When I set the server to run a tanoa mission is fails (unable to read mission), however Altis or Stratis missions are fine!

Any idea when this fails ?  I thought a standalone dedi could run anything.

Did you check the rtp , because look like there is an error inside your mission

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

i'd second that its gonna be an error with the mission, clear out your mpmissions folder and load a default BIS tanoa mission if there is one to prove that

Hmmm it is wierd as the mission runs perfectly on the arma3 dedi server (as part of normal Arma3 install).  It is just on the standalone that there is a problem.

I DID notice that when I look at the standalone dedi server, it does show a red circle on APEX, but all other DLC are fine.

So u missing tonoa , so use the steam update re-download the game file with tanoa or use your steam account and download the game

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

The server install..is it from the steam tools library?

19 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

Send me the mission

First post.  Release candidate.  Works PERFECTLY on my main machine (when I can dedi host it using Arma3server_64 from Tools, then play also on that machine as client).  However my other machine (that only has basic Arma installed) also runs the Tools Arma3server_64 BUT cannot run Tanoa missions.

Surely a STANDALONE dedi server can run everything !

Okies so I deleted the standalone server and arma3 on my dedi machine.  I then reinstalled ONLY the standalone server and fired it up ... no problems at all running tanoa missions now.  I assume that previously the SA server was getting confused with the basic Arma3 install.

Anyhoo seems to be great now.  192 AI with 48 FPS :)

Yeah, its running fine here too, albeit on x86 version because I'm using TADST and have to fool it into running x64

I do have a client install on my server too. I use it to get addons from SW.