rekkless

Need Help With Spectator Settings

So I'm trying to customize the EG Spectator script so when players die they can use the wonderful EG Spectator mode (AKA Vanilla Spectator Mode). But I have come across significant issues with its settings.

The 4 things I would like to do is have it so:

1. The players can see the AI can be viewed by the spectator mode (second pic)

2. The Focus Info Stats Widget is not present when players click on to select a player or AI (second pic)

3. The infinite count down timer is not present (first pic)

4. When players disconnect from the server or crash their slot isn't removed from the player select screen (lobby).

For most of the settings I have gotten information from: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/EG_Spectator_Mode

How I have achieved most of this:

in the DESCRIPTION.EXT

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 999999999;

This puts players into the spectator mode, but most importantly doesn't remove their slot from the lobby upon disconnect or crash (#4) unlike the respawn = "Bird";

In the onPlayerKilled.sqf

["Initialize", [player, [], true, true, true, false, true, true, true, true]] call BIS_fnc_EGSpectator;

This enables the spectator mode. The one "false" in that line is what disables the Focus Stats Widget (#2) and the first "true" enables AI to be viewed by the spectator (#1)

But by doing all this I get this ugly infinite count down timer that refuses to go away (featured in pic) Notice there is no Info Stats Widget, and if there were AI on screen the spectator could spectate them.

Now one work around I have found to remove the count down timer is to call the "Spectator Mode" in via respawntemplates in the description.ext

respawn = "BASE";
respawndelay = 999999999;
respawnTemplates[] = {"Spectator"};

This will remove the infinite countdown timer (#3) and keep the players slot available upon disconnect or crash (#4). But the problem is the Vanilla Spectator settings will overwrite the settings in the onPlayerKilled.sqf.

Meaning spectators will not be able to view AI in the spectator mode (#1) and the Focus Info Stats Widget will be present any time a player clicks on any available player to spectate (#2)

So as you can see I'm really stuck in predicament. The current settings of NOT calling for the Spectator mode in the description.ext achieves 3 out of the 4 things I want featured in the spectator mode BUT it has that ugly ass countdown timer that just won't go away. But if I call for the Spectator mode in the description.ext it will remove the Countdown Timer but will overwrite any settings in the onPlayerKilled.sqf revealing the info stats widget and not being able to spectate the AI.

So does anyone have any ideas on how I can achieve all 4 of my goals?

find the idd of the respawn counter and close the display. 

On 5/15/2017 at 11:11 AM, Midnighters said:

find the idd of the respawn counter and close the display. 

Any Idea on how to do that?

11 hours ago, rekkless said:

Any Idea on how to do that?

you may have to go digging or another user may be able to post the correct information on this.

It'll be under something like RscRespawnDisplay or RscRespawnCounter , etc. 

On 5/17/2017 at 10:44 AM, Midnighters said:

you may have to go digging or another user may be able to post the correct information on this.

It'll be under something like RscRespawnDisplay or RscRespawnCounter , etc. 

Thanks mate I'll take a look.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestions?

• Like 1