kevinsue

Field of view changes with increasing speed

G'day everyone...is there any way to stop the FOV moving aft when speed increases when flying a helicopter? Starts with the correct perspective but then feels like you hopped in the back seat when you get up to speed. I can't find anything in the UI to switch this effect off. 

Heyo, as far as I remember, this will be fixed in next build. The development branch changelog and discussions might be worth checking.

Nothing in the UI options as far as I'm aware would fix this, if it hasn't already.

I don't know if camSetFOV is applicable to the player camera or not.

One of the coolest scenes in the Arma series, IMO, has always been hitching a ride in the back of a black/ghost hawk with doors open, flying low on your way to the AO or back to your base.

I created a new mission with this element and to my disappointment the view as a passenger looks very strange and warped due to the fov-speed effect.. :-(

This effect is very disputable because:

- From a visual point of view it just looks warped

- From a psychological point of view it would more sense to narrow your focus instead of expanding it

- From a physics point of view the effect should be tied to acceleration and not speed

I don't feel the desired effect of sense of acceleration, so I would not mind deleting this effect at all from the game. Tying it to acceleration instead of speed would probably be the best solution.

I know this has been mentioned in other threads, I would like to draw attention to it again in the hope a solution can be found.

• Like 1

FoV speed sensitivity is currently being removed from the game on the Dev-branch.

• Like 3

What bothers me more is that the GPS zooms out with increasing speed.

In theory that is a good feature, unless you're in a car and it zooms out so far, that the roads are no longer visible. :/

There should be a limit how far it zooms out, at least for ground vehicles. Roads need to remain visible.

• Like 1