sic-disaster

Eden Editor Community Project - Almost finished!

Hello guys.  Some of you might have seen some of my ArmA 3 tutorial videos but I've been inactive for a while. I figured I'd try something new, which is creating a mission and detailing it in video, but asking all of my viewers for ideas as to what goes into the mission. 

The current idea is to fill a custom map (Gorgona) with a main objective, and several side-objectives which should hopefully interact with eachother in interesting ways.  For example, in my first video I created a sentry with markers popping up upon him being seen, and in my free time I placed a few more.  On that video someone suggested placing down the new AA turrets from the Jets DLC close to the main base, but adding a radio operator somewhere to switch them off when he is killed. I suggested turning the radio operator into a hacker that switches the AA turrets over to the player's side, and in the second video (coming up tomorrow) I've made that work and set that up. 
So now the mission (in open-ended form) could look like this: 1: kill hacker, switching AA turrets to your side. 2: kill sentries, which leads to a helicopter flying around investigating the island. The helicopters are another side objective to take on, because they might reinforce the main base once it's attacked. Taking them out prematurely could be a great help. If the AA turrets are on your side that would obviously help a great deal in blasting them out of the sky for you.

The idea is to create a sandbox for the player to tinker with, kind of like Hitman does. Where one's actions might cause a chain of events that might not happen upon a next playthrough. So give it a watch, and let me know what you guys think!

• Like 7

Episode 3 is up, taking another suggestion to add a hostage rescue side-op:

• Like 2

After a few days the fourth video is up, this time talking about alternate starts, creating a new objective that is about stealing a car, and then messing about with pirates showing up as reinforcements afterwards as a reward!

• Like 2

Fixing some issues like hiding the radio trigger for pirate reinforcements, deleting radiotriggers for alternate starts after you pick one, and I also add health pickups for players to find:

• Like 3

New video is up, concerning the end of a mission, as well as looking at one of the outposts I dressed up and how I set their behaviour in combat.

• Like 3

Time for another video! This time I added a moving marker that tracks the pirate group once called in, I changed the hack objective from killing the hacker to actually interacting with a data terminal, and finally I added a radio trigger that advances time, so you can play at different times of day.

• Like 1

Hey @sic-disaster got to say I've really enjoyed all your mission making videos. I've been making missions since flashpoint, and I'm still learning new/different ways to do things from your videos.

Keep up the great work 

• Like 2

Thanks mate! I'm glad it's helping you out :) 

This series is getting close to being finished. In this video I talk about intros, loading screens as well as adding voice overs. All that's really left for me to do is properly writing the briefings, more dressing up of the world, finding voice actors and writing their lines etc. none of which needs to be on video. So if there is a next video, it's probably a playthrough of the mission while that mission is also released on the Workshop.

• Like 3