thirith

Does Arma 3 have a "Go, go go!" voice file?

I've done a quick search for a list of the sound files included with Arma 3 but haven't found anything. Is there such a list, and more specifically, does Arma come with a sound file of a unit going, "Go, go, go!"? Alternatively, is there a repository of sound files that can be used with A3?

3 hours ago, thirith said:

I've done a quick search for a list of the sound files included with Arma 3 but haven't found anything. Is there such a list, and more specifically, does Arma come with a sound file of a unit going, "Go, go, go!"? Alternatively, is there a repository of sound files that can be used with A3?

Place a trigger down in the editor, then have a look at the effects you can set on it. There's a bunch of different voice clips and ambient sounds you can choose from and you can preview them at the same time. Simple way to see what's on offer. 

You can go through the arma 3 files here: ArmA3 >> Addons >> dubbing_x.pbo. Every dubbing pbo has many sounds in it. For your "Go go go!" example I found this: ArmA3/Addons/dubbing_f_beta.pbo/firing_drills/Timing/firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg which is a single "GO" sound. Getting the directory right is somewhat strange. 

playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", player]

Works for me.

To make it "GO GO GO":

for "_i" from 1 to 3 do
{
	playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", player];
	sleep 0.35;
};

Spoiler

for "_i" from 1 to 50 do
{
    [] spawn {
        for "_i" from 1 to 3 do
        {
            playSound3D ["A3\dubbing_f_beta\firing_drills\Timing\firing_drills_timing_ROF_4.ogg", player];
            sleep 0.35;
        };
    };
    sleep random 0.1;
};

Cuz reasons

Thanks to all of you! I'll give these a try ASAP.