granQ

Finnish Forces Pack (Updated 2018 April)

Released on steam!

Introduction

This is a tribute to the original FDF mod for Operation Flashpoint. One of the best (if not the best) mod ever made for the Ofp/ArmA series.
We also like to say thanks to ArmA3 Finland for hosting some really good PvP against Sweden. 

This tribute was made by members of the Swedish Forces Pack, mostly however by Megadeth, granQ, Vccv90, coding/servers by Dahlgren and trailers and videos are made by Sango. 

Content

This mod includes Finnish forces in woodland M05 uniforms and special forces in desert M04 uniforms.
Weapons includes RK 95, PKM, NLAW, KES 88 and more but also crew served weapons like 122 H 63 (D-30), TOW and RBS 70. 
On the vehicle side there are Leopard 2A4, BMP-2, G-class boat and MLRS. 

Future updates

Depending on how many subscribers/favorites we get we might continue to support this mod with additional content.
For that reason we are looking for talented people that can help with models, textures but also coding. 
What is planned of high prioritize is the RK 62 rifle, Orbiter Mini UAV, the Bv 206 all terrain vehicle, Leopard 2A6 and the Combat Vehicle 90.

• Like 19

Didn't read further than the title yet, but at this point I must say, THANK YOU! THIS IS AWESOME!

• Like 1

High quality Leo 2a4s are long overdue! I simply have to ask, do you have any plans to contact the BWmod team to create a Bundeswehr texture? I apologize if this is untoward, I am excited for the Finnish content, but the Cold Warrior in me had to ask! Again, thank you for the quality work!

• Like 2

Looking splendid. Can't wait to test this out once it comes out.

Especially can't wait for Finnish BV206, spent so many times as gunner of one during my service.  Had fun playing around with those in SFP already.

Looks sweet! :) 

Although the line-up is pretty extensive as is... any plans for MT-LB:s  (Pbv 401), Patria XA203?

On 5/7/2017 at 11:39 AM, Caselius said:

Looking splendid. Can't wait to test this out once it comes out.

Especially can't wait for Finnish BV206, spent so many times as gunner of one during my service.  Had fun playing around with those in SFP already.

Yeah, as you seen we have them in SFP. Want to polish the Bv206 more and add a Finnish texture, then it will be added of course. (again as mentioned in first post, its pending interest, we know there are other Fin addons as well)

4 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Looks sweet! :) 

Although the line-up is pretty extensive as is... any plans for MT-LB:s  (Pbv 401), Patria XA203?

MT-LB, nothing planned but so surprised we haven't got from RHS and esp the SA-13. One of my favorite targets in OFP :) 

It's a very nice vehicle and would be perfect in ArmA.. but we try to focus on "what nobody else is working on" (which means Swedish stuff).

Patria XA 203 is already in SFP, but this is a, not ugly model, but not so pretty on the textures.  If we find the time to update it we will also release it for FFP.

XA360 have also been considered.

4 days remaining :)

• Like 1

wow... i would love to see this to fruition....

GranQ keep at it old buddy!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, granQ said:

XA360 have also been considered.

Knowing nothing about modelling... one would think that to some extent the vanilla AMV could be utilized. :)

10 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Knowing nothing about modelling... one would think that to some extent the vanilla AMV could be utilized. :)

It could, would be very easy but also not so authentic mostly due to the turret. In Swedish Forces Pack we have released "half done" models or retextures, because sometimes gameplay > realism.

Esp when doing a CTI or similar you need to cover all areas (Anti Air, tanks, recon vehicles etc). 

For FFP we aim to only release "quality" stuff, so even if we could throw in a lot of vehicles like the Bis Xa360 or the SFP xa203, it doesn't live up to our ambitions with FFP. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, granQ said:

It could, would be very easy but also not so authentic mostly due to the turret. In Swedish Forces Pack we have released "half done" models or retextures, because sometimes gameplay > realism.

Esp when doing a CTI or similar you need to cover all areas (Anti Air, tanks, recon vehicles etc). 

For FFP we aim to only release "quality" stuff, so even if we could throw in a lot of vehicles like the Bis Xa360 or the SFP xa203, it doesn't live up to our ambitions with FFP. 

I was mostly considering that if the turret somehow could be removed and just use the chassis and then add a few armament versions of it. But it would probably already have been done if it would be easy. :) Frustrating when it´s so close but still so far. :) Hopefully Tanks DLC will bring dynamic loadouts for vehicles too... 

7 hours ago, jone_kone said:

I was mostly considering that if the turret somehow could be removed and just use the chassis and then add a few armament versions of it. But it would probably already have been done if it would be easy. :) Frustrating when it´s so close but still so far. :) Hopefully Tanks DLC will bring dynamic loadouts for vehicles too... 

Theres a way to get rid of turrets I think, some guy on the steam workshop did it with the vanilla Pandur.

hi thx nice!!!! if you have time and motivation import from sfp  RG32M ,need put only HK 40mm Grenade Machine Gun/mg

Just now, jackco said:

hi thx nice!!!! if you have time and motivation import from sfp  RG32M ,need put only HK 40mm Grenade Machine Gun/mg

A new version of the RG 32M is planned for SFP and then we will probably make a HK 40 mm version aswell :)

how about patria xa360...need only texture?

I have ready rk62 and rk95 year 2015 if you want use could ask finmod guys, I need some address where I can send

Nice stuff. :) 

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

Any chance of a download on an alternative platform? Not all of us uses steam to manage mods :f:

Over the years I tried "ftp own hosting / armaholic / withSix / arma3sync" and my conclusion is that Steam workshop is so easy to use for everyone to download and keep up to date.

Its also great as a publisher to keep things intact.. and with Swedish Forces Pack, Finnish Forces Pack, Wamako, SFP objects, SFP Bo 105 stand alone, etc it just too much work to maintain all on different platforms.

So trust me, over 15 years of editing and playing.. it is time to finally make the switch. (also arma3 workshop stuff do support local folders)

5 hours ago, granQ said:

Over the years I tried "ftp own hosting / armaholic / withSix / arma3sync" and my conclusion is that Steam workshop is so easy to use for everyone to download and keep up to date.

Its also great as a publisher to keep things intact.. and with Swedish Forces Pack, Finnish Forces Pack, Wamako, SFP objects, SFP Bo 105 stand alone, etc it just too much work to maintain all on different platforms.

So trust me, over 15 years of editing and playing.. it is time to finally make the switch. (also arma3 workshop stuff do support local folders)

I can appreciate and respect your decision. I just prefer to manage my mods manually, like they were with OFP.

• Like 2