xindrum

Kobbvatn - New Arma 3 Map Trailer

Hey. 

Wanted to show-case the new map Kobbvatn for Arma 3, made by Xindrum and my good friend FargeBlind.

We have been working on this map of our home location in Norway, Kobbvatn / Mørsvik to Arma 3 for quite some time now, and we felt that it's time to show what we have done so far.
There remains a lot of work until the map is complete, but we will launch it to the public when we feel it's playable.

Kobbvatn - New Arma 3 Map Trailer

We hope you are looking forward to getting your hands on the map because we can hardly wait to finish it.

Enjoy.

• Like 19

This is kinda in the wrong section.  Should be in the Arma 3 Addons discussions section.  (Not the Make Arma Not War contest section that ended almost 3 years ago...)

Anyways, the map looks absolutely fantastic.  Especially the tunnel :D.  Does ai work well inside, or were those all players?

Is that tunnel a custom object or an upscaled concrete pipe ?

Looks really cool by the way, look forward to the release.

Oh yes, will repost in right section.

The tunnel works great with high command, some random issues with ai at "normal command", dont know if it can be fixed, but that is something we are looking in to.

Tunnel is upscaled concrete pipes, yes.

Edited by BohemiaBeck
Dupe thread removed, posts merged from 3rd thread...

Very nice, Can always use more Nordic maps. Really looking forward to this!

Looks fantastic, really! It looks just like it does in real life;) Great work with that tunnel. I'm gonna try that out on my project.

Maybe we can expect some screenshots of Kobbvatn in the near future?

Well this looks superb! I will hold asking the question, suffice to say I cannot wait to try it out.

Well done so far and good luck for the rest.

<O to both of you!

This looks awesome. 

That's all i have to say. Awesome. :) 

Keep up the good work 

13 hours ago, bounceFM said:

Looks fantastic, really! It looks just like it does in real life;) Great work with that tunnel. I'm gonna try that out on my project.

Maybe we can expect some screenshots of Kobbvatn in the near future?

Thank you. 

There will be screenshots yes, when we find the time.

• Like 1

omg so many Scandinavian terrains being made. And they're all so beautiful. I couldn't be happier. Good luck, and good work.

• Like 2

I love it when maps just spring up out of thin air. The tunnel is absolutely brilliant, excellent work re-tasking of assets to fit a much neglected absence in the game. Something I sorely miss is the lack of underground bunkers and tunnel systems and the awful fights in them.

• Like 3

We have set up a Facebook page for distributing information about Kobbvatn - Arma mod, check it out and dig inn to the news!

www.facebook.com/Kobbvatn/

• Like 1

Shared it on the Steam workshop page already but figured I'd put it on the forums as well, some gameplay footage from the map:

Nice looking terrain :) Reminds me of the Grövelsjö-area (in sweden/norway just by the border, but farther south than this map). I hope this will be worked at even more! some roads were a bit tilted (leaning to one side) and even more detail in the actuall terrain to match up with the satmap in some of the rocky parts would be cool too, crevices etc. All in all very nice! Nice to have some scandinavian terrains.