Sign in to follow this  
Walsh.D

Greyhawk "BEHAVIOUR" defined?

My post is appearing blank? 

Reposted below: 

Hello Folks! I am working on a guide for the UAVs for some friends, and am having a hard time putting on paper what he Different choices under Behaviour in game, actually translate out too? In the vanilla game if I just choose one behaviour is that calling on setCombatMode, setBehaviour, or a combination of both? If it is one or the other I can use the definitions in the wiki to more or less describe what each selection will make the drone do. Thanks for any help!

As an example what I have written now is: 

-       NEVER FIRE: Will not fire under any circumstance.

-       HOLD FIRE:  Will not fire unless it detects an enemy that has spotted, and can harm the drone.

-       HOLD FIRE, ENGAGE AT WILL: Will target enemy, but will only open fire on an enemy unit that becomes aware of their presence and can harm them

-       OPEN FIRE: Will fire on any suitable enemy targets in range, while more or less staying on flightpath

-       OPEN FIRE, ENGAGE AT WILL: Will fire on any suitable enemy targets in range, and will chase targets out of the immediate area.

I made alot of assumptions on what I have written, so I am unsure if it is even close to accurate 

Walsh, your gonna want to see this wiki article.  For the most part your list seems accurate.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/2D_Editor:_Waypoints#Combat_Mode

Edit: I just noticed the link you had is almost the same as this one.  In the cases of drones, targeting will be getting ready to set a laser lock.  Firing is using that laser.   Once a laser lock on is made, it will attempt to use its payload (drop a bomb) on it if it has one.

• Like 1

Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks Wyattwic!