mikephoenix

Armed Forces:UK Virtus Body Armour

3 hours ago, mikephoenix said:

Unfortunately due to my GFX card deciding it no longer wants to live further development on this mod is on hold, as I cant afford to replace it at this time. Once I can get a new one il resume work! Sorry guys

Ouch, what card busted on you?

1 hour ago, mikephoenix said:

780ti

Ah, I suggest checking out a 1060-6GB or if you have the cash a 1070 at the moment.

If you're looking for something more budget-friendly thought, RX 480/470 is a good deal. If your PSU is a good deal stronger than normal, like 600ish watts, then the RX-500 series is something to look at.

Could you please do a set with sewn in creases?  Your version does look awfully scruff.  Chin chin.

Just now, lancer688 said:

Could you please do a set with sewn in creases?  Your version does look awfully scruff.  Chin chin.

Add make a module for ace tactical ironing for ya lad!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, The Bald Eagle said:

It would be great if you could add a Royal Military Police uniform.

link me some pictures and il take a look 

Im back up and running with my computer, after my GFX card and PSU went Kaput, continuing development of this mod!

• Like 15

I really dig your mod! Perfect with SMA's L85.

Just a couple of questions

• Are you going to make TFAR work with the signallers vest
  • Are you going to make a weapons pack 
  • Are you going to add the Rifles Regiment
  • How long till other variants come out 
  • Are you going to retexture the scrim helmets  

36 minutes ago, 22ND SAS Regiment said:

Just a friendly heads up, but try and refrain from asking for updates. Timelines are a bit skewed from what was previously said due to the author's technical troubles, but some of those planned items, like the scrim, were mentioned earlier I do believe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 22ND SAS Regiment said:

holy first post batman!

He's already planned scrim, he's already planned other variants (of which your question for release date is a no no), he's already stated that he will add in reg/bde flashes for those who ask... maybe you should try reading the other posts in this thread.

Good to hear you're back in Mike!

• Like 3

Been play testing the kit and absolutely loving it! I only have one question, is the Royal Marines flash meant to be grey? If so no issues, it just looked a little odd to me lol. Either way, fantastic work Mike!

Will you be adding. variants of the helmets that include bowman headsets, or whatever the current one is called?

1 hour ago, Cryofrost said:

Will you be adding. variants of the helmets that include bowman headsets, or whatever the current one is called?

Yes bowman headsets will be added at some point, i started work on them the other day

• Like 3

Was wondering will there be a variant of the kit with a aerial coming from a pouch on the belt??? (I can provide reference images of this used IRL if needed)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jdownward said:

Was wondering will there be a variant of the kit with a aerial coming from a pouch on the belt??? (I can provide reference images of this used IRL if needed)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yes and please send it on, more reference the better

Whats ur guys opinion on the reworked scrim i started today? ignore the textures just threw em on to get the idea!

IWwjXRj.png

• Like 9

I achieved a similar effect on blender when making scrim as a glasses slot, I used the cloth animation with artifacts pertruding out the top of the helmet to add definition, did you do manually? 

Whats ur guys opinion on the reworked scrim i started today? ignore the textures just threw em on to get the idea!

Definitely an improvement! A friend of mine has sent pictures of his Virtus helmet to use for reference pics if you like, it might be a bit overkill for Arma but I figured I'd send it over anyways.

reference webbing radio, here are some pics of various 354 pouches. JDownwards's video link shows them in use with virtus in the last minute or so.

hope these are of some use!

The basic rule/point of scrim is to break up the shape of your helmet (as straight lines, perfect bowls don't occur in nature)

Because of the "flatness" of your current version of the scrim your not achieving that goal

But I think as long as your managing the break up the shape your succeeding :)

In reference to the post above I would like to say that working cats eyes would be amazing! They are so useful

• Like 1