Tankbuster

paramsCheck.inc not found

Guys,

I'm adding some functionality to fnc_findsafepos. I've copied the function code and made a new function with it, adding my code.

But when a player joins the mission, the server crashes with

b87ef83ba2.PNG

I know what this means, it is looking in the directory where my version of the function is and obviously, it's not there.

#include "..\paramsCheck.inc"

So, where is it actually and can I change the include statement so that it successfully finds it? Or do I have to find and put a copy of paramsCheck.inc in there?

Thanks,

Paul.

Check out the root of the  \addons\functions_f.pbo file.

You could include it directly from the game files or copy it to your mission and change the #include "..\paramsCheck.inc" line accordingly.

OR just remove the reference completely.

57 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

OR just remove the reference completely.

This ^^^

I've included it from the pbo and it works but if removing it doesn't break it, I'll do that. I guess that paramscheck. Inc has been included elsewhere and is global to the server?

I'm glad you're here kzk because I know you've done some work on findsafeplaces so I'll be interested to in your opinion on what I've done to a function that I use a lot. I'll start another thread for it, obvs.

Sorry for resurrecting an ancient thread, but I have literally the same problem.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:01 PM, Greenfist said:

You could include it directly from the game files or copy it to your mission and change the #include "..\paramsCheck.inc" line accordingly.

Including it directly from the game files sounds like the cleanest option. How do you "include it directly from the game files"?