Just look at them, actually enjoying their ride. At least I got the front seat. Will finish the static animation for the boarding craft version this night if all goes not unwell.

w4GnP7o.jpg

G3vQ3SC.jpg

Back seat view isn't so bad either.

Alright, the boarding craft animation is done, too - picture is a bit dark, but you get what it's supposed to look like.

ILktTFI.jpg

Edited by Lenyoga
Update
  • Like 2

I hope it's a short flight. Those two don't have to spend the entire trip looking at the back of someone's head. The second trooper from the right is regretting having all that coffee before he left. :icon_biggrin:

Great work Len.

• Like 1

Just now, Macser said:

I hope it's a short flight. Those two don't have to spend the entire trip looking at the back of someone's head. The second trooper from the right is regretting having all that coffee before he left. :icon_biggrin:

Great work Len.

Coffee, beans, bacon, eggs ... it's mandatory pre-flight food, keeps them alert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lenyoga said:

Coffee, beans, bacon, eggs ... it's mandatory pre-flight food, keeps them alert.

Don't forget pancakes and toast.

Yeah, awesome job, again!

• Like 1

Map icons and in game UI pictures are done for all of the TIEs. All the vehicles have a 1, 4 and 9 LOD to at least try and prevent issues with older hardware (although I don't think it makes that much of a difference in this case.)

wEkuewt.jpg

Some of the visual FX still needs work. I'll probably also still do a bit of balancing and add a more universal working ion cannon script. But I'm somewhat closer to a release I think.

• Like 3

[Question:] Does anyone know a good site to host a few megabytes? [Assessment:] Dropbox does not seem to be the optimal platform for uploading files permanently.

On 8/20/2017 at 3:48 PM, Lenyoga said:

[Question:] Does anyone know a good site to host a few megabytes? [Assessment:] Dropbox does not seem to be the optimal platform for uploading files permanently.

I'm not sure as to your stance on Google Drive, but that's one option.

There's also 4Shared and MediaFire, but I'm not sure as to the permanency of those sites. MediaFire links tend to not expire, because I've downloaded things that's been hosted for several years.

I have a free account at 4Shared, which you can store 15GB. Don't know how much space you require, but that's a good place to start.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, revan9190 said:

I'm not sure as to your stance on Google Drive, but that's one option.

There's also 4Shared and MediaFire, but I'm not sure as to the permanency of those sites. MediaFire links tend to not expire, because I've downloaded things that's been hosted for several years.

I have a free account at 4Shared, which you can store 15GB. Don't know how much space you require, but that's a good place to start.

Thanks! So far I've got modDB and all of the above on my list. It'll be a busy week, but once I have a moment of freedom and clarity I'll look at the options.

So far I just have to either ignore the current status of the ion cannons ('functional' with an emphasis on 'fun') or implement the hit detection system I used in the Shock mod. That should be it, except maybe some easification of various weapons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lenyoga said:

Thanks! So far I've got modDB and all of the above on my list. It'll be a busy week, but once I have a moment of freedom and clarity I'll look at the options.

So far I just have to either ignore the current status of the ion cannons ('functional' with an emphasis on 'fun') or implement the hit detection system I used in the Shock mod. That should be it, except maybe some easification of various weapons.

I'd really love to play around with the ion cannons, but the hit detection system also sounds interesting to play with. Like when I watched the video, and you used the ion cannons and I saw the effect against the ship, I was in complete awe as to how it was handled.

I probably need to play around with Operation SHOCK again. I forgot if you included the hit detection in the current release of that, so I'll have to get an opinion from that.

I also am quite interested in seeing how those turbolasers sound and act in action against fighters/bombers. I have a question I'll shoot you via PM.

Great to see the project released. And pretty quickly too. :smile_o:

• Like 1

That's one of the highest quality work i've seen for OFP. The texturing, modelling and interior works are extremely impressive and detailed. Doing nothing, just staring at all the details in the interior, while starting the engine,  or looking at the Ties from the 3d view is already a great pleasure.

• Like 2

Just like ProfT said - it's one of highest quality models in OFP. You and Macser are in my opinion the most talented 2D/3D artists in the whole OFP community - including legends of the past like Marfy, COMBAT!, BAS team and so on. Whatever you two are making (be it Star Wars, System Shock, Warhammer etc.) it always is a high quality stuff that's really pleasant to look at and play with, even though I don't particularly care for most sci-fi settings. So two thumbs up firmly for you!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

Just like ProfT said - it's one of highest quality models in OFP. You and Macser are in my opinion the most talented 2D/3D artists in the whole OFP community - including legends of the past like Marfy, COMBAT!, BAS team and so on. Whatever you two are making (be it Star Wars, System Shock, Warhammer etc.) it always is a high quality stuff that's really pleasant to look at and play with, even though I don't particularly care for most sci-fi settings. So two thumbs up firmly for you!

Thank you! I've been rather absent the last weeks, but I'm hoping to continue with the System Shock project sooner or later. I already have the beginning and end of the campaign, so I can't just not continue.