Grester

VPHUD (Virtual Pilot Head-Up Display)

6gH9Fej.jpg

VPHUD stands for Virtual Pilot Head-Up Display

What is VPHUD?
Have you ever felt the need to look at the aircraft fixed gauges, because it had no HUD?
Have you ever crashed your aircraft because you were distracted looking at such gauges?
Have you ever wished the Advanced Flight Model GUI existed in the Standard Flight Model?

If that's your case then I'm glad to tell you that VPHUD seeks to solve all those problems and wishes you ever had before.

VPHUD is a seamless addon that adds two virtual gauges to all aircraft that do not have native HUD support.
An Artificial Horizon to help you understand when your airplane is upside down, or if you're landing your helicopter perfectly leveled.
A Vertical Speed Indicator to give you crucial information if the landing you're attempting to make it too harsh for your aircraft to handle.
Some other misc information is also available such as altitude, throttle, and speed.

How does it work?
As mentioned before, the addon works seamlessly without the need for any configuration.
All you have to do is get in an aircraft as a pilot, and the VPHUD will pop up immediately.
At the left will show up the Vertical Speed Indicator and at the right the Artificial Horizon.

But that's not all, you can change VPHUD's settings in addons options.

What settings can I change?

• Change VPHUD scale and positioning.
  • Change the System of Units between Imperial System and Metric System.
  • Change the way altitude is measured between Sea Level and Ground Level.
  • Enable a virtual crosshair and change its color and shape. You can even use the crosshair only if you don't care about the gauges.
  • Enable a throttle indicator for airplanes or collective indicator for helicopters in the advanced flight model.

DHSDGhn.jpg?1

How to aim the crosshair?

You can change crosshair to whatever shape you want, however, I find V shape the most versatile.

When NOT zoomed in the player aims with the V's top (default view), when zooming in the player aims with the bottom end of the V (right click zoom).

v9VkyGP.jpg

Issues

• Altitude bar sometimes getting behind the Vertical Speed Indicator is expected behavior.
  • Pitch is not perfectly accurate.

Aside from that, none that I'm aware of. Let me know if you find any.

Planned Improvements

• Gauges size scaling algorithm needs improvement.
  • Virtual Flight Path Vector.
  • Some way to reset settings as a last resort.
  • Another VPHUD styling that replicates real aircraft HUDs. Meanwhile, this may interest you.

Licensing
No Redistribution - You may not publicly redistribute VPHUD without my consent. As such public modpacks/mod compilations are not authorized. The ONLY EXCEPTIONS are communities/clans that may PRIVATELY share VPHUD on their own PRIVATE repositories for PRIVATE IN-HOUSE use without noticing me. (I'll personally take care of distributing and keeping updated VPHUD on the most popular Arma public repositories. If you wish for VPHUD to be available on a public repository that is not yet available please contact me.)
Attribution - You may create your own derivative works as long as you credit me for the original work on which your derivative work is based, but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your derivative work.
Noncommercial - You may not use VPHUD for any commercial purposes whatsoever.
Share Alike - Your derivative work must also be open for derivative works and not be used for commercial purposes as well (both Arma derivatives and non-Arma derivatives). You may opt to openly allow your derivative work to be publicly distributed.

Download Repositories 68747470733a2f2f696d672e736869656c64732e

Steam Workshop

Direct Download

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome! Thank you.

Contribute to the mod at GitHub.

• Like 8

Since you addressed me and indicated you wanted to submit the content to our website I was so free to add it already. When I misunderstood and you object this please let me know!

An Armaholic mirror is now available:

news_download_a3_3.png
VPHUD (Virtual Pilot Head-Up Display) v1.0

PS:
When your account is not automatically activated upon registration it means you have missed the additional captcha question "hidden" (but clearly visible for anyone) on our registration page. You will then automatically recieve a verification email to which you need to reply in a certain manor. Failing to do so will prevent validation of your account. The whole process is automatic so I do not even see your registration attempt, neither any reply email ;) **

** except in my logs of course

2 hours ago, foxhound said:

Since you addressed me and indicated you wanted to submit the content to our website I was so free to add it already. When I misunderstood and you object this please let me know!

PS:

When your account is not automatically activated upon registration it means you have missed the additional captcha question "hidden" (but clearly visible for anyone) on our registration page. You will then automatically recieve a verification email to which you need to reply in a certain manor. Failing to do so will prevent validation of your account. The whole process is automatic so I do not even see your registration attempt, neither any reply email ;)

I did the math captcha. I also did reply to the email a couple days later so I thought it simply hadn't been reviewed yet. That's fine the upload, I'll register again so you can associate the account like you do with other mods ;)

Edit: Login works, account name is the same as in here, please do the association, thank you.

Finally! I have been looking for something like this. Will be checking it out! Keep it up!

Very nice work. Any chance you could add a targeting reticle to the AH-9? When playing with crosshairs off it is impossible to aim it's weapons. Kimi's HMD mod adds a target to the Ah-9, but would be great if this could include one also.

• Like 1

Good stuff!

Is it possible to have it in imperial units?

5 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Very nice work. Any chance you could add a targeting reticle to the AH-9? When playing with crosshairs off it is impossible to aim it's weapons. Kimi's HMD mod adds a target to the Ah-9, but would be great if this could include one also.

Never thought of that idea, I'll certainly add it once the menu functionality exists.

3 hours ago, kimi_uy said:

Is it possible to have it in imperial units?

Velocity in MPH and altitude in feet?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grester said:

Velocity in MPH and altitude in feet?

speed in Knots, altitudes in feet, and vertical velocity in 100x ft per minute. :f:

• Like 2

To those that use "odd" resolutions or normal UI size try this Alfa build and tell me how it works for you. Using the scroll menu you'll see "VPHUD options" that allow you to fiddle with the HUD gauges size and spacing between them.

Note that this a development build, not all new features are yet implemented while others are still buggy, I'm just letting people test it a bit before releasing the important scaling/spacing release.

0KWGgtB.jpg

• Like 2

VPHUD 1.1 has been released!

HQLEXIN.jpgu8Qqa3m.jpg

What's new in v1.1?

• Options Menu: Scroll ingame to see "VPHUD Options" option to open such menu.
  • Resizable/Repositionable Gauges: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to increase or decrease size of VPHUD and adjust the spacing between gauges.
  • Toggeable Virtual Crosshair: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to activate a virtual crosshair to aid aiming. The crosshair color and transparency can also be adjusted.
  • Imperial System added: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to change between the default Metric System and Imperial System of units.
  • Forceable VPHUD: Using the VPHUD Options menu you'll be able to force VPHUD to (not) show up, even if that aircraft has been filtered to (not) use VPHUD by default.
  • RHS and CUP vehicles filtering added: RHS and CUP vehicles will now be filtered if they have native HUD or not. (If I missed any or filtered one by acident, let me know.)

Fixed from v1.0

• VPHUD not showing up if player started mission already inside an aircraft. (Undetected bug before release.)
  • Like 1

Can it be used in third person?

4 minutes ago, taro8 said:

Can it be used in third person?

As far as I know yes, that shouldn't be a problem. Never thought of that, usefull indeed.

I'm really bummed out about the fact the BIS took away CCIP from a third person view without an ability to turn it on/ mod it back it. I really wanted to make an ACe combat mission using that.

Would it be possible to mod it back in using HUD like this?

8 minutes ago, taro8 said:

Would it be possible to mod it back in using HUD like this?

I'm already planning on doing a HUD version that resembles the real green translucid HUDs so I guess that could be a feature I could try implement. Though it be could be something that potentially would take a while to implement as perhaps I'd need to do individual settings for each ordenance if Arma does differ such physical particularities between ammo types.

PS: Regarding the 3rd Person compatibility, I'm not sure if the crosshair works as intended on third person, but theoretically it should.

VPHUD 1.2 has been released!

hPMRO6L.jpg

What's new in v1.2?

• Savable user options: Your VPHUD settings will now be saved between game sessions.
  • Crosshair only: If you don't care about the gauges you can select to simply show the crosshair and nothing else.
  • Jets DLC filtering added: Filter list updated to Jets DLC standards. (If I missed any or filtered one by acident, let me know.)

Improved from v1.1

• Crosshair style: Due to a issue when zooming in, the crosshair would offset from the aim point, a different crosshair style was implemented. This new V-Shaped crosshair style, allows the player to always aim roughly accurate at all times. When NOT zoomed in the player aims with the V's top (default view), when zooming in the player aims with the bottom end of the V (right click zoom).

v9VkyGP.jpg

• Like 2

Users Survey

Dear subscribers and users of VPHUD, I'd like to get a better idea what kind of players use VPHUD and thus what features I should give more priority.
If you could spare a few seconds to vote on this poll I'd be much appreciated. Thank you.

I love the crosshair integration. Our team does not use any mods, however. How can I just use the crosshair portion as a script?

Awesome work,

Reed

Hey  Grester,

I would like to have a Crosshair Only version  that would be nice and if possible some different  Crosshair versions maybe so you can choose them ? 

16 hours ago, MrFies said:

Hey  Grester,

I would like to have a Crosshair Only version  that would be nice and if possible some different  Crosshair versions maybe so you can choose them ? 

In this current version you can already select to only use crosshair. As for crosshair customsation I do want to expand such functionalities for next version.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grester said:

In this current version you can already select to only use crosshair. As for crosshair customsation I do want to expand such functionalities for next version.

thanks and really good Mod you made there ;D

Hello mod players, sorry it's been a while. (Some of you have commented on the workshop page and I've always replied although not with the best news.)
However right now I just want to let you know, that next weekend I'll be releasing a minor update (v1.2.1) that will fix a parachutes suggestion posted on steam workshop.
After that I intend on resuming work on the mod, working on the planned improvements, first of all a user suggestion for a throttle indicator for those using analog throttle.
I'm also setting up the project on GitHub for people to contribute, if they so desire.

See you soon.

• Like 1