On 17/09/2017 at 4:14 PM, oukej said:

No, I'm sorry. Simulating IFF more deeply is outside of our current scope. We "assume" that all units on the same side (!=friendly ;)) have some awesome portable IFF responder.

Ok! Thanks for the reply! Is there however any way to remove the green indicators from the radar by scripting? I'm thinking of the player having to figure out friendlies just by airplane type and all radar contacts whould be white. 

5 hours ago, WurschtBanane said:

LGB´s are still tracking vehicles, ruins MP gamemodes

Actually - they don't "track" a moving vehicle. They fly towards the position where the marked target was at the point of the munition release.
At a given distance from that position they'll seek for something they could guide onto (a laser spot in this case). If nothing's found they'll continue flying towards that initial position.

Possibility is to remove this faux "lock on after launch".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, oukej said:

Actually - they don't "track" a moving vehicle. They fly towards the position where the marked target was at the point of the munition release.
At a given distance from that position they'll seek for something they could guide onto (a laser spot in this case). If nothing's found they'll continue flying towards that initial position.

Possibility is to remove this faux "lock on after launch".

can't you simply disable the ability to lock on anything but laser/IR strobe targets for the bombs?

i think that's the main cause for the problems. and afair this was the way it used to be before sensors got changed.

3 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

can't you simply disable the ability to lock on anything but laser/IR strobe targets for the bombs?

i think that's the main cause for the problems. and afair this was the way it used to be before sensors got changed.

The bomb already can't lock on anything else than laser/IR strobe. But it can be dropped without a lock - then it flies towards a position of something that was marked by the launching vehicle and only later it seeks for laser/IR strobe.
But it's probably not been the cleanest solution and we'll try to come up with a better one.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, oukej said:

The bomb already can't lock on anything else than laser/IR strobe. But it can be dropped without a lock - then it flies towards a position of something that was marked by the launching vehicle and only later it seeks for laser/IR strobe.
But it's probably not been the cleanest solution and we'll try to come up with a better one.

let it fly straight at first, then start homing in on the closest valid target near the marked target.

if the needed flight path corrections are to great, it's the pilot's fault that the bomb misses. but if the bomb can't find any target it should fly just like it was dropped with out any target.

i guess that would be the best solution here; no imba after-drop flight path, but still precise if a laser/ir strobe is in place

Spoiler

btw. i knew bombs couldn't actually lock vehicles, but my skill in expressing complex thoughts in english is relatively limited

So, did anyone find out a port where you can dock the USS Freedom? I believe even the Blue Pearl industrial port doesn't span the dimensions to plug the almighty static ship. 

Btw., I don't know if anyone stated this already but the music of the Jets DLC is just f****** awesome. You music guys / the composer(s) really did a great job here, I especially love the main theme "Fighters Jets". When I saw the Aircraft Carrier Reveal Trailer, I was absolutely blown away. This soundtrack is even better than the LoW one, IMO.