@Rayko

Hahaha that's good to hear!

@bad benson

Yes, finding what colors works takes a long time. Blud used my puddles before but now I believe he made his own textures. I like sharing my assets but not until I've released Krokom and he couldn't wait for that :) 

Looks perfect for a VDV invasion mission. Love the "clear cuts" that's not very common in arma maps. Reminds me a bit of the Podagorsk map from FDF A2. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎28 at 4:23 PM, Spatsiba said:

Looks perfect for a VDV invasion mission. Love the "clear cuts" that's not very common in arma maps. Reminds me a bit of the Podagorsk map from FDF A2. 

Thanks! Clear cuts? :)

Hi Folks,

Man - I'd like to build my retirement house there - simply beautiful - how much for a few acres ?

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 11:52 AM, Tjockejocke said:

Thanks! Clear cuts? :)

I think that means "kalhyggen"?

• Like 2

On 2017-08-05 at 5:37 PM, andersson said:

I think that means "kalhyggen"?

Yeah, kalhyggen. When you averkar the skog and it turns into the platt ;)

• Like 2

Nice Work!!!

Its finaly nice to see an terrain from sweden ps I live in an village not long from this area so I am loving it! :D

• Like 1

Looks very very very nice! many years ago I spent a night in Krokom trying to prevent a drunk girl from hurting herself together with a punk-rocker nicknamed "Pölsa". Ah the memories.

On 11/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, perfectum said:

Looking forward to the release. Looking good so faar.

Also checking in to express my anticipation for a release! I would love me a piece of that beautiful jamtian landscape - finished or unfinished, your previews are just stunning, jocke :don11:

• Like 1

It is with some regret I want to inform you that I'll stop working on this project. There's simply not enough time to finish it while having a full time job and maintaining a healthy life simultaneously.

However, with bad news there's always some good. The Swedish Forces Pack (SFP) team will be taking over the project. They are all dedicated and it's last longing team (since OFP) which makes me confident they'll pull it off very nicely :)
It is likely that I'll be helping them out in a transitioning and polishing phase but for now I need to stop concerning about this project. I hope you understand. SFP will have the freedom to edit the map any way they please, like adding military bases and villages, something I simply haven't had time to do.

Earlier I was asked to post an image of the "satellite map" and I said that I would at a later point - that's now - and since not all is finished I'll upload a cropped version. However, the version of this "sat map" is about a month old so some more things has happened since then. http://mellergardportfolio.se/krokom/satmap.jpg
I can also inform that about 50% of the map is finalized with object placement and micro terrain details. 

With these words I'd like to share some more screenshots of the project's current status.

Thanks for you support and kind words. Hopefully, with the strength of SFP, the project can be shipped to you soon :)

If you feel that you cannot wait and want a sneak peak, add me on steam (Tjockejocke) and get access to an early, unfinished, build. It contains a "vertical slice" of finished work but also vast unpopulated areas and some debug geometry.

I also want to especially thank @lappihuan for his great contributions to the project.

20171104231008_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8
  • Sad 8

Sad to hear that. But real life comes first always.

That's wonderful news to hear that the SFP team is carrying this on- and as you said, you will still be helping out when you can. So glad this is continuing

• Like 2

Sad to hear that buddy but as ineptaphid said real life comes first always

I have added you as i will like to have a look at your great map anyway and make some pics on it :D and share them also here if you want 

Have a good day mate! 

• Like 2

For those puddles and other fake water sources if you havent already you can define the surface type of their roadway to sound like water when you run on them, would be cool for immersion if people run on the puddles and get the corresponding footstep sounds

• Like 1

Your post had a sad beginning, but a happy ending....I hope the SFP team can harness the beauty and majesty of your work...it's a truly magical looking terrain. 

Life is too short....I have also added you on Steam. 

I wish you the best of luck in your future adventures. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the hard work and even more for releasing this gem into safe hands. Would be a waste to bury it on a lonely hard drive.

All faith on SFP :)

• Like 1

That's unfortunate news, this was one of my most anticipated maps currently in development. But Im glad youve decided to hand over the project to the SFP. Hopefully, they'll be able to continue the impressive work youve started.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear you don't have time to work on it anymore. I look forward to seeing what SFP can do with it. It's looking great already!

• Like 1