Asmodeuz

[SOLVED] Bleed tickets module bugged, what to use instead?

Apparently BIS module ModuleBleedTickets_F (can be found in Arma 3 editor from System >> Modules >> Scenario Flow) has been bugged for a long time. See Bleed tickets module doesn't do anything

Would anyone happen to have somekind of idea what to use instead for the time being?

Though I don't know if there's anything to use "instead" since I've also already tried to make ticket bleeding to work with

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

[blufor, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;
[opfor, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

[[blufor,opfor], 1, 20, 10] call BIS_fnc_bleedTickets;

I've placed that in a file called tickets.sqf and I'm calling the whole file from description.ext with

class CfgFunctions
{
	class Bleed
	{
		class Functions
		{
			class PreInitServer
			{
				preInit = 1;
				file = "tickets.sqf";
			};
		};
	};
};

No matter how I try to turn the whole module upside down and still during testing the game all the time stubbornly resorts to using the default values that are mentioned here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_bleedTickets

Default values are [[], 0.5, 3, 5] call BIS_fnc_bleedTickets;

What is wrong with this module? Should I perhaps place all the stuff in the editor in certain order for the module to work correctly?

Here's a sample mission I made to test ticket bleeding (in unpacked and packed .PBO format)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgb6qgx4ljbkb7g/VR_bleedticket_test.VR.pbo?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oo06hwett652uu2/VR_bleedticket_test.VR.zip?dl=0

Appreciate it if someone could chime in and show a way to enlightenment!

Has someone else had any success in getting custom amount of tickets to bleed in a given custom time frame with BIS ticket bleed module?

Or what to use instead? Need to create a custom system that has ticket bleeding features?

..always something to debug and never getting to play..

Description.ext

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawn = "BASE";

class CfgFunctions
{
	class Bleed
	{
		class Functions
		{
			class PreInitServer
			{
				postInit = 1;
				file = "tickets.sqf";
			};
		};
	};
};

tickets.sqf

[west, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;
[east, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

h = [] spawn {
	waitUntil{ !isNil "bis_fnc_bleedTickets_loop" };
	[[west,east], 0.5, 20, 10] call BIS_fnc_bleedTickets;
};

PostInit the function so it runs after everything is setup.

Wait until the bleedTickets loop has been started by the sector control module.

Change the ratio. The ratio is checked via greater than. So if you use 1 then a side can never have greater than 100% of sectors so it will never bleed. Instead use 0.5, > 0.5 (50%) of two sectors is two sectors owned.

On 23.4.2017 at 9:45 PM, Larrow said:

Description.ext

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = 1;
respawn = "BASE";

class CfgFunctions
{
	class Bleed
	{
		class Functions
		{
			class PreInitServer
			{
				postInit = 1;
				file = "tickets.sqf";
			};
		};
	};
};

tickets.sqf

[west, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;
[east, 250] call BIS_fnc_respawnTickets;

h = [] spawn {
	waitUntil{ !isNil "bis_fnc_bleedTickets_loop" };
	[[west,east], 0.5, 20, 10] call BIS_fnc_bleedTickets;
};

PostInit the function so it runs after everything is setup.

Wait until the bleedTickets loop has been started by the sector control module.

Change the ratio. The ratio is checked via greater than. So if you use 1 then a side can never have greater than 100% of sectors so it will never bleed. Instead use 0.5, > 0.5 (50%) of two sectors is two sectors owned.

Hey there Larrow and thank you for the suggestion.

I think it was last weekend when I found one way to get this (damn -ed?) functionality to work for the first time ever through @Unkl's (can't be anyone else? :) ) YouTube videos. Most notably the one (see below) where he's creating a TvT sector control mission. There he is using a trigger for setting the amount of tickets and then for calling the bleeding functionality.

I will certainly give your version a try and it remains to be seen with which one I will eventually settle with. I wonder if there'll be any noticeable difference in server performance though.

3 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

I wonder if there'll be any noticeable difference in server performance though.

Either will do. Neither will have any effect what so ever on server performance as both will happen once at mission start and that's it.

The only reason you are having problems is because you are using a Sector Control Module. This module already incorporates a bleed tickets, and is a drop and forget module that sets up a game play mode for you (hence the reason the module comes under the category Gameplay Modes) with..

• some default ticket values
  • bleed tickets which monitors sector dominance
  • a description in the players diary about the game mode
  • some music and HQ messages based on tickets left
  • and monitors for if a end time has been set (countDown Module OR estimatedEndServerTime command)

As you want to change the default bleed tickets rate and ratio you need to wait until the Control module has first initialised the rate and then change it.

What is currently happening is that your settings are being overridden as they are being applied before the Sector Control Module gets to set its default values.

For instance you could handle this all yourself by removing the the Sector Control Module and placing a

• Respawn Tickets Module to set ticket values
  • Bleed Tickets Module
  • Diary Record Module to explain the game mode
  • Generic Radio Message Module for when "time is running out"
  • CountDown Module OR estimatedEndServerTime
  • A trigger to play music based on ticket values

instead. This would result in exactly the same setup with the added bonus that you can edit the bleed rate and ratio on the Bleed Tickets Module.

Or add only the Modules you particularly want creating your own sector game play style.

On 27.4.2017 at 10:04 PM, Larrow said:

Either will do. Neither will have any effect what so ever on server performance as both will happen once at mission start and that's it.

The only reason you are having problems is because you are using a Sector Control Module. This module already incorporates a bleed tickets

I mean.. really? Of course I can't say for certain but I'd take a guess that there are few mission makers that are facing the exact same problem of being force fed the default bleed values because of this undocumented feature of the Sector Control module.

On 27.4.2017 at 10:04 PM, Larrow said:

For instance you could handle this all yourself by removing the the Sector Control Module and placing a

• Respawn Tickets Module to set ticket values
  • Bleed Tickets Module
  • Diary Record Module to explain the game mode
  • Generic Radio Message Module for when "time is running out"
  • CountDown Module OR estimatedEndServerTime
  • A trigger to play music based on ticket values

instead. This would result in exactly the same setup with the added bonus that you can edit the bleed rate and ratio on the Bleed Tickets Module.

Or add only the Modules you particularly want creating your own sector game play style.

And here lies the problem then I guess: I tried this approach you suggested and removed the Sector Control module AND the trigger I learned to use from Unkl's YouTube tutorial video. I then placed Respawn Tickets (BLU 200, OPF 200) and Bleed Tickets modules (Dominance 0.1, Delay 10, Tickets 1) which resulted in the following layout:

sectorbleedtickets_zpsnscjhnpu.jpg

Now even if the player captures every sector tickets won't start to bleed at all. But this probably isn't because of a bugged module then?

The BleedTickets module needs the sides that are taking part synced to it, much like the sectors have.

Couple of points:

• Also it looks like you are using the sector modules own area to denote the sector, in which case you do not need the LocationArea_F's, those are only needed if you are using the old way via triggers to denote the sectors area.
  • There is no need for so many side logics, just the two and sync them to all modules that need them (sectors and bleedTickets).
  • If all your sectors are using the same settings then you only need one, then use sector (dummies) for the rest. A sector dummy will follow the settings (as provided in the module attributes) of a normal sector it is synced to, plus will inherit what ever sides its synced sector has attached. The only drawback to using dummies is that they still need their area set via the old way of a locationArea_F and a trigger.

Sector_layout.png?raw=1

BTW: those Sector Dummies, LocationArea_F and Trigger are synced together in that order. It was not until after I post this and looked back at the picture that I realised I had them all lined up with a grid and it does not look all that clear that they are synced.

• Like 1

Here's a version of mine based on yours Larrow, where I basically just added more sectors to capture (for testing purpose).

sectorbleedticketsarray_zpswbkcamsb.jpg

Adding all the modules and other needed stuff like this results in a nicely working mission that can be used eg. as a template with a ticket bleed functionality that accounts for the changes made in the Bleed Tickets module. With only one Sector module it would certainly be easy to quickly alter the different options in that module and in no time affect all the properties of available sectors.

But!.. You happen to remember this(?):

There I learned that I could use the Sector module's Expression field to spawn AI groups (even from modifications such as Iron Front) inside the sectors after succesful capture by any side. Now by using the technique of placing modules for creating a sector control game mode currently means that I won't be able to spawn such AI groups since there is only one Sector module.

What are the chances that I could continue to use this "template" and still be able to spawn AI groups inside the sectors or more like, how to do it?

16 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

But!.. You happen to remember this(?):

Ah, I thought I knew the name from something recent.

16 hours ago, Asmodeuz said:

Now by using the technique of placing modules for creating a sector control game mode currently means that I won't be able to spawn such AI groups since there is only one Sector module.

Makes no difference. The script from that thread will work on sector dummies, they will inherit it from the attributes of the sector. Due to the script relying on the information [ sector, owner ] being sent to it, this will all be correct as it will be sent from the dummy.

The only time you will need to add a sector rather than a dummy is if its main atributes need to be different from the master sector.

Anything like MiscUnlocks_F and Flags needed for the sector dummy can still be synced to the sector dummy itself.

10 hours ago, Larrow said:

The script from that thread will work on sector dummies, they will inherit it from the attributes of the sector. Due to the script relying on the information [ sector, owner ] being sent to it, this will all be correct as it will be sent from the dummy.

Ah, indeed it does work since the script doesn't point to any specific triggers' variable name and instead is sort of more universal.

I would like to apologize for not being thorough enough. Basically what I did was that I accidentally referenced another script that uses variable names to do "stuff".. and because of that went on to type that 'lenghty' post about this problem that doesn't even exist -_-

I'd say this topic can be said to be solved. Apparently the module isn't bugged after all just so many mission makers that don't know how to use it correctly!

Feedback ticket asking for changes to sector dummies to allow scaling of the module to apply area like can be done with regular sectors.

so im gonna ask... what is the way step by step to make bleed tickets work when taking over a sector please, ive tried what it had in the picture above... but it doesnt work. 

bleed ticket module > sides logics > sector 

hmm nothing

Works fine here, just setup a mission as per my picture in my previous post.

DOWNLOAD