joostsidy

Bug? Placed furniture is moving by itself! (v1.68)

In my missions where I place tables inside an aircraft hangar, there recently seems to be some kind of collision error. Crates and tables start vibrating/wobbling/trembling and moving all over the place like the place is haunted.

I checked with no mods and a mission that worked fine months ago and the trembling is still there.

To replicate: place small camping table in Tuvanaka (Tanoa north Island/military Island) aircraft hangars.

Has anyone else encountered this phenomenon?

I can disable the simulation on the table, but then the items (for instance rifles) cannot be interacted with anymore.

attachTo command? You could attach the table to an invisible object like an invisible heli pad, or perhaps even the building itself, then attach the items to the table. You'll have to fiddle with the offsets and the orientations etc but it might be a solution.

I don't have information on the recent bug unfortunately :( just trying to suggest a (maybe temporary) fix.

• Like 1

That's an interesting suggestion I will try that. It is unfortunate that it happens only in (some) buildings. I think it also happens in the white garage buildings with two large entrances. It seems the floor of some buildings interact negatively with the furniture, like the furniture wants to sink deeper, to the terrain surface, but is obstructed by the building floor.

• Like 1

Is it sinking in the ground somehow? If its just a prop enable simple object on the prop, that way it acts more like a terrain builder placed object rather than something the world has to collide with. Although you do still collide with it, its not like disabling simulation or model collision or anything.

• Like 1

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend:

I can disable the simulation on the table, but then the items (for instance rifles) cannot be interacted with anymore

Disable simulation on the table. Add a game logic. Call it 'TableAttachment01' (assign it a variable) and type:

this setVectorUp [0,0,1]; 

in the init. box. Position the game logic under the table. Then attach objects (with their own assigned variables) to the game logic (not the table) by typing this, also in the game logic's init. box:

Rifle attachTo [TableAttachment01, [0,0,0]];

'Rifle' being the variable you've assigned to a weapon, for example. Obviously, you'll need to play with the array:

[0,0,0]

Those are your x,y,z coordinates :upside: 

Incidentally, if you want to prevent weapons on the table from being taken, use:

Rifle setDamage 1;

Hope that helps! 

• Like 3

On 29-7-2017 at 4:39 PM, Kydoimos said:

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend:

I took a while for me to return to the mission with this problem. The furniture was still poltergeisting, but It now appears that disabling the table is enough to prevent the moving AND weapons on the table are still accessible.

So the gamelogic method is not necessary, but it is a nice trick that I'll remember. It might come in handy in the future!

• Like 1