Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

A US CAG heading to Korean peninsula

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/us-navy-strike-group-north-korea-peninsula-syria-missile-strike

" The news followed a Friday report by NBC that the National Security Council had included the return of nuclear weapons to South Korea in options presented to Donald Trump for dealing with the threat posed by North Korea. Killing North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, was also presented as an option, NBC reported. "

Do you guys think that Trump is about to strike North Korea too?

no they would just take it out on South Korea. All propaganda at this point

Trump isn't so dumb to enter the war with nuclear-capable country that has enough balls to use its nukes.

3 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

Trump isn't so dumb to enter the war with nuclear-capable country that has enough balls to use its nukes.

as far as we know, they aien't nuke capable yet.

33 minutes ago, wiki said:

as far as we know, they aien't nuke capable yet.

Not via ICMB but they are seemingly barbaric enough to put one on a truck or boat and smuggle it into Seoul somehow.
And in a new development South Korean News: China Has Deployed 150,000 Troops To North Korean Border
http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/04/report-china-has-deployed-150000-troops-to-north-korean-border/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=alt&utm_source=militarymemes

Not sure if that has been verified though.

Trump should know that playing Poker against a desperate player is a tough thing. What will happen is that Pyongyang will procede to its nuclear test in a few days and that will ridiculize Trump who can't do anything against it.

It's not like all this escalation and "who has the bigger dick" leads to something bad,isn't it?:icon18:

We're at a point where we're speeding towards "let's see who blinks first".It's either Syria,now it's NK seems like it doesn't pass a day without the biggest two dick contestants threatening each other.It's not even about NK here.

It's another pretext for US and Russia going at each others throats.After Syria latest events,the ruskies can't wait for another occasion to troll US hence their "don't get military involved in NK or we also get involved" rhetoric.As a side effect US actions also put China in a difficult position.

NK does what it always does best,creating fake crises to make the world powers sit at the table and "calm them".They've always created this shit when they want to obtain something economically usually,apparently Trump didn't get the memo because he was born yesterday.

He also didn't get the other memo that said no matter how much you threaten NK with military action they don't give a shit,instead you actually make things worse.

Pyongyang always acted like this,maybe fire a few missiles(if they actually manage to launch them or doesn't blow in their face) into the sea,threaten with war etc,but they knew crossing the line means China steps away and they're screwed.

As long as they have China to back them and China will back them if they're attacked first for the simple reason that they don't want US troops at their borders or a united Korea under the influence of US.

The smart thing to do is for US to keep the line open to China and make them talk with their angry Kim pet to pipe down with the nuke tests.The most idiotic action US could do was to make a first strike against NK,this time you basically force Russia in bed with China and you have a very good recipe for WW3 aka game over for all of us homo sapiens.

Moreover US allies like SK or Japan don't want US to intervene against NK. Obviously it's China's business now, but time is running low as NK gets closer to have a working nuclear missile.

I don't see anything bad in NK having nuclear missiles. This will cool someone's heads for sure.

At least Kims hadn't intervened in other states' affairs and hadn't participated in the wars since 1953 unlike some deomcratic regimes.

That's a facts, like it or not. That 'bloody dictators' have their BDSM only within their borders. Moreover after seeing a number of photo reports from current NK I can say it's just another third world country, not rich but not starving. On the other hand I can clearly see what can happen after intervention of democratic regimes into other countries, how they easily spit on international law if it counters with their interests and how they use not even double but multiple standards on the same things.

You visibly have no clue of what is happening in NK, ready to defend any regime that is opposed to Western countries, whatever may happen there. So there is nothing to discuss.

And you have sources that give a 100% real truth about life there, do you?

8 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

At least Kims hadn't intervened in other states' affairs and hadn't participated in the wars since 1953 unlike some deomcratic regimes.

You know, most likely the only reason why NK hasn´t done anything like that is because they are aware that they would get punished so hard that there wouldn´t be any chance to recover. Also they do not have the transport capabilities to participate in any war outside of their own borders.

But hey, if someone is against the west he has to be a good guy, right? :h:

4 minutes ago, Tonci87 said:

You know, most likely the only reason why NK hasn´t done anything like that is because they are aware that they would get punished so hard that there wouldn´t be any chance to recover.

They were not aware of it in 1951-1953, fighting directly against US and its allies. Why would they care of it later, having the same chinese and soviet support?

6 minutes ago, Tonci87 said:

Also they do not have the transport capabilities to participate in any war outside of their own borders.

They have it, at least they could easily transfer advisers and weapons to the country they want.

8 minutes ago, Tonci87 said:

But hey, if someone is against the west he has to be a good guy, right? 

Taliban is against the west, but I think they are scumbags too. The same goes to Idi Amin.

Speaking globally and a offtopic, that so-called west didn't give a fecies when Georgian regime tried to solve Abhasian problem with artillery, tanks and aviation and hadn't done anything to stop the crimes of Georgian troops against locals (some of them belong to my family). Also that west tries to ignore crimes of Ukrainian army in Donbass. Another my relatives survived that mess only due to miracle. So, you see, some people may not like west because actions of its establishment did hit their families directly.

BTW look at penalties of Saudi Arabia and ask why is it still being one of the closest western allies at the Middle East? Despite being really bloody dictatorship with such things official executions for sourcery. Where do all that international organizations watch? Oh sorry I forgot that everything is okay if such country hosts US military facilities and has much oil and money to spend.

29 minutes ago, spooky lynx said:

They were not aware of it in 1951-1953, fighting directly against US and its allies. Why would they care of it later, having the same chinese and soviet support?

They have it, at least they could easily transfer advisers and weapons to the country they want.

Taliban is against the west, but I think they are scumbags too. The same goes to Idi Amin.

Speaking globally and a offtopic, that so-called west didn't give a fecies when Georgian regime tried to solve Abhasian problem with artillery, tanks and aviation and hadn't done anything to stop the crimes of Georgian troops against locals (some of them belong to my family). Also that west tries to ignore crimes of Ukrainian army in Donbass. Another my relatives survived that mess only due to miracle. So, you see, some people may not like west because actions of its establishment did hit their families directly.

BTW look at penalties of Saudi Arabia and ask why is it still being one of the closest western allies at the Middle East? Despite being really bloody dictatorship with such things official executions for sourcery. Where do all that international organizations watch? Oh sorry I forgot that everything is okay if such country hosts US military facilities and has much oil and money to spend.

No it´s not okay, I personally despise the Saudi government and their ideologies and I hate how western governments are kissing their ass because of oil and arms deals. I actually believe that a lot of the problems the world currently has with radical islam originate in Saudi Arabia and their Ideology. 

But you see, that is the difference between me and you. I do not support any dictatorship, regardless of who it is allied with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tonci87 said:

But you see, that is the difference between me and you. I do not support any dictatorship, regardless of who it is allied with.

Personally you may not support any dictatorship but western establishment will continue to have love with such regimes as Saudi etc. And it will use double standards further. For example supporting separatism in Chechnya and Kosovo because it hits Russia and its ally Serbia (not mentioning crimes committed by Dudayev's or Albanian guys) but supporting territorial integrity of Georgia or Ukraine (because they are NATO-friendly). So Persian Gulf regimes that are sponsoring radical islamism and terrorist organizations are still allies of democratic countries but one small NK regime that hadn't ever done anything similar and just trying to get effective defence instrument against possible agression... oh sorry democratisation is portrayed as hell's subsidiary on Earth with Satan's bro ruling it.

True that NK is making an extensive use of a Russian wonderful invention : the gulag. 

The funniest is the huge difference between the Northern democratic paradise where 40% of the population is starving according to the UN, while the capitalist hell of South is one of the wealthiest states in the World. Between both, i'm sure you'll choose the 'Us sponsored' state instead of tbe USSR/Maoist China creation. But who knows...go on throwing Saudi Arabia to us when we talk about the most sectarian regime in the world, one of the wonderful Russian creations.

31 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

True that NK is making an extensive use of a Russian wonderful invention : the gulag. 

True is that such camps are of European (British) origin, first been used during Second Boer war.

34 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

The funniest is the huge difference between the Northern democratic paradise where 40% of the population is starving according to the UN, while the capitalist hell of South is one of the wealthiest states in the World.

And what? STASI and Securitate failed to stop the fall of their regimes, the same goes to different CIA backed Southern American huntas that terrorised their own population. NK state does not have some super effective methods of population control like psy-towers, nor does it have enough troops to prevent unrest. Because most of armed forces personell live in the same conditions like most part of NK population. So why NK does still exist? I suppose because average people live in not so bad conditions.  BTW look at the population in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many African states. I guess the percent of people suffering from shortage of food may be far more than in NK. But what? Nobody cares. Especially when India may buy a big bunch of French planes and Bangladesh provides cheap labor for western corporations. You express the concern about poor Koreans but I bet you don't even think about all that South-East Asian people who work hard in horrific conditions at plants producing cheap clothes for western brands.

And really funniest thing is that NK regime is... needed for US and Japan as great scarecrow. United Korea will be dangerous rival both for US and Japan in economic terms as it will free a big amount of money spent now on defence. Also it will raise a question about US bases presence, because with the fall of Kims regime there will be no need for them.

• Like 1

On 22.4.2017 at 9:55 PM, spooky lynx said:

Personally you may not support any dictatorship but western establishment will continue to have love with such regimes as Saudi etc. And it will use double standards further. For example supporting separatism in Chechnya and Kosovo because it hits Russia and its ally Serbia (not mentioning crimes committed by Dudayev's or Albanian guys) but supporting territorial integrity of Georgia or Ukraine (because they are NATO-friendly). So Persian Gulf regimes that are sponsoring radical islamism and terrorist organizations are still allies of democratic countries but one small NK regime that hadn't ever done anything similar and just trying to get effective defence instrument against possible agression... oh sorry democratisation is portrayed as hell's subsidiary on Earth with Satan's bro ruling it.

Naivety. You really think Russia is Serbias ally and doesn´t want to spread separatism in the area?

When war broke out in Croatia the Croatian defense forces didn´t have almost anything in Weapons and supplies. You know who was one of the major parties that supplied Croatia with all kinds of wonderful stuff? Russia

Weapon transports from Russia where landing daily in Croatia, ignoring the embargo. Delivering such juicy things like MI-24 attack helicopters, MIG 21 fighters, Guided AT weapons, missiles, rockets, and millions of bullets.

Croatia also received an S-300 AA system at the end of the war. It is considered that the presence of this system was the main reason why the Serbian Airforce didn´t intervene in operation storm.

Russia was careful not to advertise this involvement, only focusing on their help for Serbia.

Russia only has its own interest in mind, and their interest at the time, together with the US and other European countries was to destabilize and to get rid of Yugoslavia. I as a Croatian think that this worked very well, but I can see that Serbians might not agree. 

So do not think that Russia is any different from the countries you do not like so much.

Just saw some of the march and noticed these beneath the gun, what is it exactly? 

tEBwrsf.png