Wiki

USA strike Syria

'Might is right' rule seems to prevail over all that pesky 'international law', that's what this situation shows clearly. Who has the strongets army - those may do whatever they want.

Obama tried to have the same strike done years ago but the "anything Obama Hell No!" Republicans refused saying that Syria's civil war posed no threat to the US. Anyone espousing we mighty and kind Americans go anywhere to help the poor masses is drinking hardcore koolaid. Its political. Trump dont give a rats ass bout anyone but himself and this strike has seriously changed the news coverage of his Russian ties to a more favorable nationalistic "America!Fuck yeah!" tone.

Guess some folks like to be shoeshined as long as the spit gleams red white and blue...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/world/middleeast/syria.html

• Like 1

all I have to say is that this describe the situation quite well dont you think? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delta Hawk said:

You know there's a Ukraine thread if you would like to discuss Ukraine.  I'm also not going to discuss your other "arguments" in this post.

I don't understand why you're trying to convince yourself that there's some secret agenda behind US bombing the airfield and that America is some evil monster while at the same time blindly believing Assad dropped bombs on a rebel chemical weapons cache that somehow was able to kill 86 people.  I'm not a chemical weapons expert, but they generally have to be dispersed, usually in the air, in order to effectively kill people.  Unless, of course, you're saying the rebels packed more than 100 civilians around a weapon cache for some random reason where Syrian jets just so happen to drop their bombs. 

Hey mate, I think I upset you.

It's just a misunderstanding.

I didn't say there was a secret agenda of US.

I just don't know.

All I'm saying is we don't have all the informations.

I agree, it's most likely Damascus who did that attack though.

At the very moment, we all take for granted what the anti Assad say and not what Moscow think about that.

It just feel like at a trial, the jury would only listen to the DA and not the counselor.

See what I mean?

Then again, sorry if I upset you, didn't mean that ;-)

Russia supports Syria. Syria is in a civil war. The Syrian government just used chemical weapons against their civilians. Using chemical weapons against your civilians is a war crime. The leader of the Syrian government is a war criminal. Russia supports a war criminal. The end.

• Like 1

And of course there are solid proofs of using CW against civilians by govt troops, yes?

BTW here's similar example of such logics: Syrian govt fights IS, US strike against that airbase disrupted air support of govt forces fighting IS in that district, US strike helped IS, US supports IS, US supports islamist terror. The end.

1 hour ago, spooky lynx said:

And of course there are solid proofs of using CW against civilians by govt troops, yes?

No, there never is and never will be, just like the WMD's in Iraq.. the only evidence you need is CNNFOX, and now all of a sudden the US cares so much for poor arab babies, while bombing the fk out of them in Yemen for their be-heading Saudi buddies.. you know that place where the supposed 911 terrorists came from but US bombs Iraq instead... now they can fragrantly break international law and the media gushes with pride, this shit never ends, all they want is never ending wars.

The world is lie.

1 minute ago, katipo66 said:

The world is lie.

I thought is was the cake instead.

BTW govt jets continue to operate from Shayrat base. 

Скачать видео
Скачать видео

Report from the airbase after the strike

Скачать видео

2 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

BTW here's similar example of such logics: Syrian govt fights IS, US strike against that airbase disrupted air support of govt forces fighting IS in that district, US strike helped IS, US supports IS, US supports islamist terror. The end.

Logic is flawed, because US is also fighting IS.

As far as solid proof, maybe there is, but I don't know if we'll ever see it. It's been reported that there is surveillance of that CW mission from beginning to end. 

Russia doesn't have much influence left in that region, which is why they're supporting Syria. They don't want the government to collapse and be replaced by a pro-western faction.

Yes, I saw that during US struggle with IS for several years the latter increased its territory much. Very effective.

As for proof maybe there is or maybe there is no. Just like in case of Iraq. On the other side we have official OPCW report about complete destruction of Syrian CW. 

And one more thing. Use of CW against civilians is what Asad's enemies will immediately use against him. So do you think Asad is so stupid to bring one more bonus to his enemies?

Hey guys, take a deep breath and calm down.

For the moment, we have no evidence whatsoever.

We can only assume what happened and make hypothesis, nothing more.

4 hours ago, spooky lynx said:

WRONG! US supports civilians that cant help themselves no matter what country they are from or what religion they practice. The end! You guys can bash the president and the US all you want and twist it however you want. It changes nothing. And as far as you snowflakes "suck it up buttercup" Trump will be president a long long time elected fair and square. We won, you lost, the people have spoken (not the russians,not any hacking,not the popular vote,bla bla bla) The End!

Please, can we keep that thread civilized?

7 minutes ago, wiki said:

Please, can we keep that thread civilized?

what was uncivilized about what i said?

47 minutes ago, RacerX said:

WRONG! US supports civilians that cant help themselves no matter what country they are from or what religion they practice.

We all had seen raised prosperity of Libyan, Afghan and Iraqi civilians after US interventions, yes. Also Syrian civilians' life changed for better way after western-backed opposition started revolt and civil war. Now they don't even have to work, EU social system provides them with money.

48 minutes ago, RacerX said:

It changes nothing.

Fully agree. Only the strike on US fleet and illegal military facilities in Syria may change something.

9 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Obama tried to have the same strike done years ago but the "anything Obama Hell No!" Republicans refused saying that Syria's civil war posed no threat to the US. Anyone espousing we mighty and kind Americans go anywhere to help the poor masses is drinking hardcore koolaid. Its political. Trump dont give a rats ass bout anyone but himself and this strike has seriously changed the news coverage of his Russian ties to a more favorable nationalistic "America!Fuck yeah!" tone.

There may be circumstances with Obama's situation that we're not aware of.  For all we know he wanted to fly sorties for a whole week against random military targets.  Obama didn't exactly inspire confidence in his military decisions.  Regardless Trump has bi-partisan support for his airstrike, which is odd.  And honestly I would contribute the idea of the strikes to Mattis and his other advisors.

Also NYT has an axe to grind with some people.  They're not exactly the most non bias news organization out there.

4 hours ago, katipo66 said:

No, there never is and never will be, just like the WMD's in Iraq.. the only evidence you need is CNNFOX, and now all of a sudden the US cares so much for poor arab babies, while bombing the fk out of them in Yemen for their be-heading Saudi buddies.. you know that place where the supposed 911 terrorists came from but US bombs Iraq instead... now they can fragrantly break international law and the media gushes with pride, this shit never ends, all they want is never ending wars.

The world is lie.

Why would we bomb Saudi Arabia?  Just because a couple of terrorists lived there at some point?  And again, can we please keep the discussion on Trumps strikes and not Iraq?  Trump bombed Assad's toy airplanes because he used them to murder innocent men, women and children.

8 hours ago, wiki said:

Hey mate, I think I upset you.

It's just a misunderstanding.

I didn't say there was a secret agenda of US.

I just don't know.

All I'm saying is we don't have all the informations.

I agree, it's most likely Damascus who did that attack though.

At the very moment, we all take for granted what the anti Assad say and not what Moscow think about that.

It just feel like at a trial, the jury would only listen to the DA and not the counselor.

See what I mean?

Then again, sorry if I upset you, didn't mean that ;-)

You didn't upset me.  I've been seeing a lot of absolutely ridiculous comments lately.  In fact yesterday morning I had a co-worker say it would have been better to send in ground troops and tanks to blow up the jets.  It seems like a lot of people are more concern with trying to paint America and Trump or even Obama as evil villains than Assad willingly and intentionally murdering innocent men, women and children.  And to be honest it upsets me a lot so many people are willingly to turn a blind eye to the suffering of their fellow man.  If my emotions have gotten the better of me I'll try to be more objective.

We don't know all the information but there's no reason to automatically start assuming America did something bad.  In the big picture this was a very strategic strike and well thought out, at least as it stands now.  As far as what Syria and Russia has said I simply don't believe them.  Accidentally blowing up a chemical weapons cache doesn't disperse chemical weapons in the air enough to kill 86 people and injure more, however one jet dropping two chemical weapons would.

As far as whether or not what Trump did was illegal I'm sure he and his advisors have thought about that and consulted with members of congress.  In fact I remember reading somewhere Trump and his advisors did in fact consult with members of congress before the strike.  Trump also has support from UK, France and Germany.  And the UN is half way worthless because Russia keeps veto'ing everything every other nation, not just America, wants to do.

15 minutes ago, Delta Hawk said:

There may be circumstances with Obama's situation that we're not aware of.  For all we know he wanted to fly sorties for a whole week against random military targets.  Obama didn't exactly inspire confidence in his military decisions.  Regardless Trump has bi-partisan support for his airstrike, which is odd.  And honestly I would contribute the idea of the strikes to Mattis and his other advisors.

Did you read the link I included? The reason was stated - "Syria's civil war does not pose a threat to the US"  -period. And this was after a much larder, deadlier poison attack. The real reason is glaringly obvious -dont support nor give any glory to Obama and his administration no matter what they do. After killing Bin Laden, my Republican buddies grumbled about "Well ,that was the Army's credit" or some crazy conspiracy shit like "Bin Laden was already dead from Kidney failure -it was fake!".

My personal beliefs are Conservative on many issues but what I saw of how Republicans made partisan politics higher than absolutely anything else including attack and killing real national enemies was sickening. Had Obama failed on a week one botched specop raid like Trump did in Yemen Republicans would be out to have his head as we speak.

• Like 1

Yes, I read the article past that point, but I don't just believe everything the NYT writes.  Again, they have an axe to grind.  Everyone in America knows this.  Our media is bias and is not fair.  I don't see why you're complain about the Republicans not wanting a strike seeing as neither did the Democrats.

As far as Obama vs Trump the plan to kill osama was well in the works before Obama ever became president.  And even then it was mostly on the shoulder's of obama military and intelligence advisors, not him...just like it is with Trump's strike.  All Trump did was give the go ahead.  Big deal.  A four year old with a quarter has a 50/50 chance of making the decision Trump made.  It was Trumps intelligence and military advisors and the US Navy that did all the hard work and planning.

Can we please put this republican vs democrat argument to the side?  Trump has bi partisan support for the strike and it distracts from the discussion of the strike on the airbase.

Not that easy. President controls the direction of intelligence resources as well, such as (mis) directing them to Iraq rather than an actual area Bin Laden could be residing. Obama directed resources better to the proper direction on this. Also, deciding whether or not to invade soverign soil on the raid IS a big decision. Had Bush or Trump had gotten him -you can be sure he'd be praised to high heavens on Fox inc. And yes mainstream media -the biggest being FOX -is biased.

• Like 1

@Delta Hawk It is pointless to explain anything to close minded people that just hate the president and the US "because". Haters are gonna hate. Let em! But you don't bring a gun to a knife fight! And thats all Trump is saying with that airstrike! "Thats fine you guys fight it out but banned weapons (WMD's) on spectators (civs) will not be tolerated!" Thats all Trump did in this case, he removed the gun from the knife fight. People that bash Trump and the US for doing this obviously have other motives. Like i said "Let em hate!" 

1 hour ago, RacerX said:

WRONG! US supports civilians that cant help themselves no matter what country they are from or what religion they practice

I know what I'm about to say is out of topic, but I don't agree with that. I will only give my country's situation as example because it's the one I've been living in and probably knowing better than all of you here because western media hardly shows pkk's crimes. US has been supporting terror group pkk in Turkey for years, special forces trained them, they even gave fucking anti air weapons to them and we have seen all of these for years, US government has never denied most of these supports. Most US citizens are proud about this situation because they think Turkey has been mass murdering kurds which is not true at all. You might not like erdogan, I don't like him either, he let terror grow in Turkey by taking terrorists into parliament and making a cease fire. Terrorists moved to eastern provinces, prepared for fighting, stacked ammunition, recruited more and more at the cease fire time. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not against kurdistan, they can do whatever the fuck they want to, but on the other side of the border. Now everyone accept sdf and pkk are together, they still arm them. Kurds in Turkey didn't want a kurdistan when Ottoman Empire fell 100 years ago and we don't want one now either. Btw, I'm not a xenophobic, I only hate government because of their blood thirst

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RacerX said:

It is pointless to explain anything to close minded people that just hate the president and the US "because".

And what if it turns out that banned weapons on spectators were used not by Asad? What will be then? Any apologies and international sanctions for the state committed that agression act?

Like it or not but the culprits that are guilty in recent deaths of civilians are not found yet. Just someone said "Asad did it!" and that's all.

BTW how can I hate the president our hackers brought to the White House?:eh:

IMHO, although we don't have all the info to have a proper point of view, I think Trump wouldn't have engaged the US forces in that strike if he didn't have solid evidence.

4 minutes ago, Ltf said:

I know what I'm about to say is out of topic, but I don't agree with that. I will only give my country's situation as example because it's the one I've been living in and probably knowing better than all of you here because western media hardly shows pkk's crimes. US has been supporting terror group pkk in Turkey for years, special forces trained them, they even gave fucking anti air weapons to them and we have seen all of these for years, US government has never denied most of these supports. Most US citizens are proud about this situation because they think Turkey has been mass murdering kurds which is not true at all. You might not like erdogan, I don't like him either, he let terror grow in Turkey by taking terrorists into parliament and making a cease fire. Terrorists moved to eastern provinces, prepared for fighting, stacked ammunition, recruited more and more at the cease fire time. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not against kurdistan, they can do whatever the fuck they want to, but on the other side of the border. Now everyone accept sdf and pkk are together, they still arm them. Kurds in Turkey didn't want a kurdistan when Ottoman Empire fell 100 years ago and we don't want one now either. Btw, I'm not a xenophobic, I only hate government because of their blood thirst

@Ltf respectfully you quoted me out of context. That was in relation to banned WMD's being used on civilians. Are they using banned WMD's in Turkey?