M. Marcelo

Out of ram even thoug i still have ram left

I have 16 GB(DDR4 Z170 MOBO) of ram installed and can use it all with other programs. when playing arma windows informs me i'm out of ram when i reach 8 GB and i need to close Arma to prevent data loss.

I found noone with this exact issue yet

Have you messed around with Windows page file settings? If you have, don't! It should be left to the default setting.

I had this problem in UT engine games if you run out of swap file space or turned off windows page file, even when I had 16 GB of ram running  a 32-bit game. With 64 bit, the game can actually use up all your free ram as it can address (access) up to 8 TB of dynamic data.

Make sure your C: drive has swap file space at least 500 MB to 1 GB even if you are running nothing else in the background while gaming. 

51 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Have you messed around with Windows page file settings? If you have, don't! It should be left to the default setting.

no its set to automatic

45 minutes ago, Valken said:

I had this problem in UT engine games if you run out of swap file space or turned off windows page file, even when I had 16 GB of ram running  a 32-bit game. With 64 bit, the game can actually use up all your free ram as it can address (access) up to 8 TB of dynamic data.

Make sure your C: drive has swap file space at least 500 MB to 1 GB even if you are running nothing else in the background while gaming. 

i did every bit o f advice i could but it still does the same. it caps my max usabe ram at 8GB for all programs as well but arma still thinks it can use more than 8 cause it sees the 16GB.

This doesnt happen with any other programs/Games than ARMA

what size is your pagefile set to? Windows memory management needs a large enough pagefile, even if you have more than enough physical memory

14 hours ago, ozzbik said:

what size is your pagefile set to? Windows memory management needs a large enough pagefile, even if you have more than enough physical memory

its set to auto. the thing is half of my ram stays free(8/16GB)

I'm sorry to bombard you with more questions, but :

Which OS do you use?

It's set to system managed for every drive (and does this drive have enough free space)? As i said before, windows chooses to use paging instead of physical memory. Seeing physical memory not being used is "normal"

Do you have set the parameters for max memory or malloc, by any chance?

Do you have a lot of large mods enabled?

2 hours ago, ozzbik said:

I'm sorry to bombard you with more questions, but :

Which OS do you use?

It's set to system managed for every drive (and does this drive have enough free space)? As i said before, windows chooses to use paging instead of physical memory. Seeing physical memory not being used is "normal"

Do you have set the parameters for max memory or malloc, by any chance?

Do you have a lot of large mods enabled?

1. I am on windows 10

2. yes

3.no

4.yes rhs tfr and many more

The problem isnt running out of ram, it is arma refusing to use anything so my total system usage goes above 8 GB. It works perfectly fine in every other game

Can you try running arma3 directly instead of via the launcher (just to see if this makes any difference)?

22 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Can you try running arma3 directly instead of via the launcher (just to see if this makes any difference)?

nope :/ does nothing

it runs out of memory after about 1,5 h, sometimes less of mp gameplay so testing if something worked takes way to long