HazJ

ctrlMapAnimAdd offset issues

When I use this, there seems to be a huge offset resulting in the map not even showing the player. I am using a custom map control created with ctrlCreate. When I set the zoom to 0, it works fine but it's zoomed all the way in. Do I need to use ctrlMapScale some how?

_map ctrlMapAnimAdd [0, 0.4, getPosATL player];
ctrlMapAnimCommit _map;

Bump. I've seen this work in a Takistan mission, even with the code pretty much the same I still get this issue. The only thing different is, I use the ctrlCreate command to create the map control. I remember I have done this before but on Altis, using ctrlCreate, I looked at that code I did but doesn't work. I am starting to think it's an issue because of the size of the control? I am using safeZone in both codes but the size is only thing different. Does anyone know a fix or work around for this?

EDIT: SOLVED! I just resolved the issue. I decided to look at the code in working mission and I guess I overlooked a command. I fixed this by using getPosWorld rather than getPos, position or getMarkerPos. It sucks a little as I'd rather use a marker but this will do. Working mission was Domination by Xeno, so thanks to him! :)

Edited by HazJ
SOLVED

Back to square one... I am trying to use this command again but with Altis but having the same issue, weird map zoom bug... Any ideas? Last solution no longer works either.

_mapCtrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [1, 0.10, (getPosWorld spawnLogic)];
ctrlMapAnimCommit _mapCtrl;
waitUntil {(ctrlMapAnimDone _mapCtrl)};
_mapCtrl ctrlMapAnimAdd [1, 0.10, (getMarkerPos _spawn)];
ctrlMapAnimCommit _mapCtrl;
waitUntil {(ctrlMapAnimDone _mapCtrl)};

The variable _spawn is a marker.

None of these work! It moves the map but the zoom is really weird and messed up, massive offest.

Bump! Here's a example mission if anyone needs it:

https://ufile.io/mfaxy

Start the mission and put this in debug:

[] execVM "test.sqf";

Have you solved the problem? Cuz i have the same problem :x

@HazJ

Not that I remember. It appears to be only with certain custom terrains, CUP Takistan is one of them that was causing it I believe.

Ah wait, I think I used getPosWorld, try that. If not, I'll dig up the code I used. Vanilla maps worked fine for me.

What are you using? Markers, object position or what? This is a working example from one of my projects:

(_display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_spawns) ctrlAddEventHandler ["LBSelChanged",
{
	_display = uiNamespace getVariable "disp_spawnSelection";
	_map = _display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_map;
	_spawn = lbText [idc_spawnSelection_spawns, (lbCurSel idc_spawnSelection_spawns)];
	_town = lbData [idc_spawnSelection_spawns, (lbCurSel idc_spawnSelection_spawns)];
	ctrlMapAnimClear _map;
	if (lbCurSel idc_spawnSelection_spawns isEqualTo 0) then
	{
		_map ctrlMapAnimAdd [1, 0.18, getMarkerPos (selectRandom townMarkers)];
	} else
	{
		_map ctrlMapAnimAdd [1, 0.18, getMarkerPos _town];
	};
	ctrlMapAnimCommit _map;
	_getTownStatus = [_town, _spawn] call client_fnc_getTownStatus;
	if (lbCurSel idc_spawnSelection_spawns isEqualTo 0) exitWith
	{
		(_display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_spawnStatus) ctrlSetText localize "STR_spawnSelection_randomTownDescription";
	};
	(_display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_spawnStatus) ctrlSetText _getTownStatus;
	if (_getTownStatus isEqualTo (localize "STR_spawnSelection_status_blocked")) then
	{
		(_display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_spawn) ctrlEnable false;
	} else
	{
		(_display displayCtrl idc_spawnSelection_spawn) ctrlEnable true;
	};
}];

What are you using for your UI coords? safeZone, pixelGrid or???