DieselJC

Error deleting files from server

So I am having a major issue trying to delete a file from my server.

I updated the 2  RHS Mods on my server..the RHSAFRF Mod was giving me an error so I tried to delete the folder and re-upload it,however it is not allowing me to delete one .pbo file. It constantly gives me an error that is being used by another process even when the server isnt even running.

Here is the original rpt error.

8:35:12 Error 20 reading file 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@RHSAFRF\addons\rhs_optics.pbo'
ErrorMessage: Cannot open file 'C:\TCAFiles\Users\JohnCook\254\@RHSAFRF\addons\rhs_optics'

And here is the error I get when trying to delete that Mod Folder.

The process cannot access the file '@RHSAFRF\addons\rhs_optics.pbo' because it is being used by another process.

The server isnt running and there is no reason for that file to be used by any other process.

I am really lost here...all the other files in that folder are gone except that one.

I cant delete it and I cant rename it.

I have tried this with filezilla and my control panel both.

Any help would be appreciated..this doesnt make any sense at all to me.

Diesel

Edit..I put this on the RHS bug tracker and they said it wasn't an RHS issue even though its an RHS Mod and the .pbo is an RHS .pbo..so I was directed here to ask for some help.

1. Open Process Explorer, running as administrator.
  2. Enter the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F. Altenatively, click the “Find” menu and select “Find a Handle or DLL”.
  3. A search dialog box will open.
  4. Type in the name of the locked file or other file of interest.

^ Thanks to google

if you cant find the process that is using it, restart the server then delete it

9 minutes ago, terox said:
  1. Open Process Explorer, running as administrator.
  2. Enter the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F. Altenatively, click the “Find” menu and select “Find a Handle or DLL”.
  3. A search dialog box will open.
  4. Type in the name of the locked file or other file of interest.

^ Thanks to google

if you cant find the process that is using it, restart the server then delete it

Thanks for the reply but I did check google and did do what you mentioned above..I rent this server so I have admin access and an admin control panel as well as Ftp access..I finally did fix it by making a duplicate .pbo with nothing inside of it..uploaded it and let it overwrite the original rhs_optics.pbo...then I could delete the file and the folder. Reuploaded the Mod @RHSAFRF and all is working as it should.

I do believe this was either an rhs issue or a steam workshop issue..Ive had issues with both before. I think when things get on steam workshop sometimes for whatever reason they get corrupted. This was the first time i ran into an issue where it wouldnt let me delete anything. However problem is solved. I appreciate the reply.

Diesel

I've had issues with arma updates from steam also, their file hosting process seems to be good at corrupting files. Glad you solved it, seems a bit odd though that you couldn't delete a file because it was locked by another process but you could overwrite it

Happy days