Bruce Conway

prone/deployed animations

Hi,

I've been trying to find a way to change the hand positions and animations for the character when the weapon is prone/deployed. The current issue is that when reloading my gun in the prone position the hips rotate to accommodate the standing animation. I'm also trying to move the left hand into a supporting position on the stock. Any help would be great thanks

I assume your making your own animations? if that's the case you will likely need to make a custom reload animation based on yours

I've already made a standing and prone animation but how do I implement the prone animation because at the moment when I reload in the prone position everything above the hips reloads to accommodate the standing reload animation.

On 4/5/2017 at 3:01 PM, warlord554 said:

I assume your making your own animations? if that's the case you will likely need to make a custom reload animation based on yours

How do I implement the prone animation?

if I remember correctly isn't there a config entry for prone reload animation? I'd have to look after work. either that or perhaps it would need to be engaged via script. don't quote me though it's been a while haha

I'm a total bozo when it comes to animation, but recently I found that apart from the (too abrupt) transition from prone to upright, Solus's slx_AT_lying component of SLX_wounds works perfectly in A3; including reloading. Maybe analysing that could giive you some solutions, or at least clues.

Good luck with your project: the more variety in ArmA the better!

9 hours ago, orcinus said:

I'm a total bozo when it comes to animation, but recently I found that apart from the (too abrupt) transition from prone to upright, Solus's slx_AT_lying component of SLX_wounds works perfectly in A3; including reloading. Maybe analysing that could giive you some solutions, or at least clues.

Good luck with your project: the more variety in ArmA the better!

Thanks i'll look into it