kot1k

Prone-like stances REALLY need some limitations on the arc and speed when turning/aiming around

Hi.

I've been playing around with different stances in VR mode, when I found out that in all stances involving prone positions, while you severely limited in terms of speed when you try to move around, you are not limited AT ALL when you are aiming around or looking around. You are not even limited in terms of available arc of rotation, which is clearly dictated by human physiology. This leads to extremely awkward situation when a prone soldier rotates around with a speed dictated only by his mouse's sensitivity. That looks and feels extremely Battlefield-ish, and decreases immersion significantly.

It also defeats the very idea of creating all this variety of stances. The main idea is that when you are in prone positions, you are granted with certain tactical advantages. But it has its own cost - you are severely limited in your movements, you can't quickly aim to some point beyond a very limited arc without moving the rest of your body, you can't look around that easy also. This is a good, reasonable trade-off.

What, IMO, needs to be done here: arc within which you can move your crosshair and head (when looking around) must be limited to some realistic angle. In case you move beyond these limits, body animation kicks in and it takes some time before your avatar will change the direction its body is arranged with; as an option, to prevent unintended triggering of this process, you may need to hold stance button at the same time you are moving crosshair to the edge of this arc, to allow this body direction change to happen.

• Like 2

I didn't find a report for this one on feedback tracker, so I created one myself: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124180

To all who also see this as a serious bug in mechanics and immersion-killer - please provide some input in comments there to drag attention of the dev team

Never seen this. 

Big +1.

I'm even for a form of limitation about people running around with so BIG MG without any effort or great snipers maneuvering that sort of cannons like 9mm guns. So childish so stupid!!!. But sure, they are trained militaries and bla bla bla.  

Anycase, it is a whole other story. 

Immediately on your ticket!!!

Ps. Maybe have a look at (completely different) mine https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124261

I don't want any limitations for players until such limitations will be applied to AI characters.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ViperAleks said:

I don't want any limitations for players until such limitations will be applied to AI characters.

+1 needs to be implemented as an engine feature not a player side limitation .. Unfortunately it's probably not a big issue on BI's radar. I guess all we can do is hope 

EDIT:
I suppose it could be possible to script it in .. something like, when the unit is prone sensitivity is reduced by a coeficient < 1 .. although in saying that i doubt it would affect AI

If you were to limit movement, it would make sense to implement a more complex system, allowing a player to make up for it by leaning, etc. Much like ghost recon has done

All in all sounds engine limited so I doubt we will see anything soon