Sign in to follow this  
joostsidy

Old walk and jog with one-hand-on-rifle

This seems to work perfectly. Last time something like this was around, it broke the game by disabling the reload action.

This one doesn't! Nice and thanks!

Maybe someone here could answer a question thats always nagged me: Why cant multiple walking animations happen at the same time. Meaning, why cant we have both functioning at same time for variety?

22 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

This seems to work perfectly. Last time something like this was around, it broke the game by disabling the reload action.

This one doesn't! Nice and thanks!

I know! I used that one as well. When I noticed it was broken I was very disappointed and  I learned basic modding just to try to fix it. :-)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Maybe someone here could answer a question thats always nagged me: Why cant multiple walking animations happen at the same time. Meaning, why cant we have both functioning at same time for variety?

This is because humans have only two legs and can't display multiple walking anims at the same time ;-P

I agree that it would be nice to have both, because both a 'serious' walk and a 'relaxed' walk have a purpose in game. You have to realize though that overwriting an animation like BI has done is much simpler than adding a new one. There would need to be a new class of this type of walk added to the game, the new anim would have to be able to transition to other anims, maybe the ai would need to able to use it, at least be able to handle it. It's more work than you might think at first hand. You can see this for instance in the new walk animation with both hands on rifle: the spine of the soldier looks a bit weird (like he has a stick up his butt). There were probably restrictions that the animator was allowed only to change the top part of the body, but not the lower one, because that would give problems with other anims.

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Yeah man, this would totally make foot patrols look a lot more realistic.  Watching patrolling AI all using the same walking animation seems a little absurd when ya think about it.

• Like 2

I guess BI would need to create three or four different walks and then randomly assign them to squad members.

To use a famous rhetoric - what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2