darkxess

Respawn Module Broken

Since the latest update 1.68 the respawn module isn't working as it was before.

When someone leaves our server the player doesn't disconnect as once did, it now disconnects leaving your person you once controlled as an AI player running around the map.

We are using the default respawn module and it wasn't doing this before the update so it's obviously bugged. Before the update, the player would disconnect leaving a dead body

upon where he was standing and the server would take care of that body after some time.

In CTI´s the ai Leader wont respawn, they will be deleted after death. If they have ai members in their squad the leaders will spawn into them till noone left.

If a you try to jip into a deleted ai leader slot the game will kick you back into lobby.

There is something really messed up with the respawn and AI´s...

Not sure it's linked with 1.68, I remarked that with 1.66. Now, you have to use a mission event handler "playerDisconnected" to delete the AI unit.

I didn't remarked bad behavior on respawn module. I use the Eden menus for most of respawn/revive settings. Respawn modules are just for some respawn positions added to custom ones (I can respawn on any  player's position + some static bases).

17 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Not sure it's linked with 1.68, I remarked that with 1.66. Now, you have to use a mission event handler "playerDisconnected" to delete the AI unit.

I didn't remarked bad behavior on respawn module. I use the Eden menus for most of respawn/revive settings. Respawn modules are just for some respawn positions added to custom ones (I can respawn on any  player's position + some static bases).

It was fine before the update, so how to use this "playerDisconnected" handler then and where to put it please? Thx

Just fixed in the official hotfix:

Fixed: The BIS_fnc_initRespawn handle disconnect event was returning true and causing units previously

controlled by a disconnected player to be transferred to the server and become AI

(https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123785)

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00065