higgins909

How do they have 200 slot German servers?

My friend and I have seen 200 slot altis life german servers, with about 120+ people on them.  How is this possible?  Any time I find a server with 60+ people there is always lag.

Thanks,

Higgins909

Life mission, plus low distance setting , and at a e5 xeon

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Pure PVP servers can run more player slots than an equivalently specced coop server

I am not quite sure where we are at, as far as quality of service and player slots on a PvP server but I would imagine its going to be around the 100-120 player mark

Some servers try and promote themselves by stating high player slots in their configs, eg 200 but physically restrict that by running lets say a 125 slot mission.

This way they attract some players who filter by player slots (Its more of a bragging right than actually being able to host that amount of players)

The actual performance cap is caused by network traffic congestion and the ability of the cpu on the server to process the data

A coop server has to process the AI and all the AI update data packets that need to be sent to the the player nodes, whereas pvp servers just need to process the network traffic on players which is a hell of a lot less

14 minutes ago, yxman said:

That's pretty cool.  I should actually try to get though my Russian book one of these days and hop on a Russian server.  I've been wanting to make my own altis life/wasteland/koth server from scratch, for a long time, but scripting isn't easy for me to learn.