chinook77

Game crashes after 1.68.140908.

Hi, I was running the game perfectly smooth without any issues with the 64 bit executable until this update. The game crash only running the 64 bit executable after 1 min of playing, both single and multiplayer. I've the 0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error and is not any of the option listed on the wiki.
I'm running w10 Pro x64, GTX Titan, all drivers up to date. No mods.

Update 1: The screen is freezing, but the game continues in the background.

Until you find a better solution, try running it as 32-bit. That's seems to have helped a number of people. 

Try searching through the threads about 64-bit errors for a solution though, there's plenty of talk on it already. 

I can't edit the post, so in order to clarify: the is FREEZING not crashing.

The game freezes only running the 64 bit executable after 1 min of playing, both single and multiplayer. When I force the application to close via Windows Task Manager I get the 0x00000001 – UNABLE_TO_INIT_DXGI error.

Freezes permanently or similarily to a stutter?

3 hours ago, Jgbroz said:

Freezes permanently or similarily to a stutter?

Permanently. No change was made on my system, only the Arma update. The irritating part is that before the update, 64 bit executable was running smooth and rock stable.

I get crashes on 64 bit. (although it doesn't completely lock up my PC to the point I have to press the power button). Switch back to 32 bit and get crashes where I have to do a hard restart. Incredibly annoying. 64 bit seems to have got rid of the 3FPS bug for me - just seems to introduce new issues. The game's a mess really.

Roll back to your old video drivers and see if that sorts it out, I've had this same issue in the past with NVIDEA drivers, more or less the same DXGI error, rolling back the video driver for some reason sorted the issue.

You've nothing to lose in trying

I have personally tried anything and everything people have come up with to try and deal with this same issue and nothing has worked.

I've realized that only the screen is freezing, but the game continues in the background.

Still waiting for an update for CTD issue. Even 32 bit does CTD. Asus N56 Laptop. I hope it does not take too much time for a fix.

Best

Still having game freezes on last hotfix. Thank you BI.

Launcher version: 1.5.141066
Game version: 1.68.141112
Branch: main / beta branch not specified

22 hours ago, chinook77 said:

Still having game freezes on last hotfix. Thank you BI.

Launcher version: 1.5.141066
Game version: 1.68.141112
Branch: main / beta branch not specified

Same here ive literally tried everything to fix it on my end with now luck