Sign in to follow this  
Cavanl

How do i open the debug console

So i recently started playing ArmA III with some friends. I host a workshop map for us to play on. However I run into the problem of fatigue. The only way that I can disable it seems to be through the debug console thing. The problem arises when I hit espace and it is not there. I thought perhaps the map creater disabled it. I checked the map parameters and nothing.

Is there any way I can force enable it?

If it's for an MP scenario, you'll need to set one of the options under the multiplayer settings in eden editor to enable console for certain people.

However, iirc you can disable fatigue from the unit's attributes in eden editor as well, so you won't have to worry about it in-game.

I'd be more specific but I'm working from memory here as I'm at work. 

Don't mix the problems. You don't need to open the console for changing the fatigue behavior.

There are some existing mods for altering the fatigue. As far as some servers accept "alien" mods, you just have to play with your own selection.

For console,  you can have also a homemade mod for opening the console while in game even if not planned by the mission script...

But it's always a question for cheat! So no way I explain on forum how to open the console while in game.

You can easily edit the mission yourself.  All you have to do is put

this enableStamina false;

into the init of all units that will be controlled by a player.  it'd be way way easier than needing to use the debug console...