Varanon

What is buildingExit ?

I'm looking into a possibility to spawn civilians in a town, and since the old AIspawn_x memory points are gone from Arma 3, I was looking into buildingExit.

However, what the hell does this function actually return ? Putting a marker on each buildingPos gives me this:

XkV8htLl.jpg

None of the markers actually corresponds to a real exit (although they are roughly in the vicinity), but why are there three to five of them per exit at different distances and different heights ? 

Probably being used by the AI pathfinding when entering a building.

Stumbled upon this some time ago, currently using it for additional patrol points for garrison AIs.

Other than that, no idea what it could be for, probably some remainder from ancient days.

Cheers

According to VBS wiki:

Returns the given indexed entry/exit position in a building.

These positions are defined in the model's "Paths" LOD as "in1", "in2", etc., and normally lie somewhat outside the building.

https://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/buildingExit

Name selections called "inXX" (where XX is a number) serve as AI access points (doorways, ramps, etc) to the building. These "inXX" points must be above the terrain surface for the AI to be able to see them. The A3 sample house shows how it can be set up, using multiple "entry-fan's" with one raised point to allow access to the building, independant of terrain slope.

Thanks guys. I know what they are supposed to be used for, I just don#t understand the structure. For each exit, there are several positions in different degrees of "under the ground-ness", as can be seen on the screenshot. There's also no order. On one building, buildingExit 0 is the first one out of the building while 1-4 are the ones in decreasing order. OTOH, it then continues with buildingExit 5 being the lowest one and ascending to 9 you get higher. The way they are arranged make no sense.

11 minutes ago, Varanon said:

The way they are arranged make no sense.

That's arma for you.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

That's arma for you.

That's why we love it so much ;)