venthorror

Freetrack, opentrack, FTnoir and Battleye

Greetings.

Recently I decided to start using head tracking software in games.

Seeing it was officially supported in Arma 2 in UPDATE 1.05 (November 2009) gave me confidence to install Freetrack.

But since now we have the option to use Arma3 64-bit exe, old and "abandoned" Freetrack will not work.

I have decided to use Opentrack.

My question is:

Is it safe for me to use Freetrack or Opentrack in Arma without the fear of it being detected, blocked or considered a cheat?

Off course you and I know it's a head-tracking software and not a cheat, but what about Battleye?

But i feel reluctant trying and potentially losing so many games because of a mistake.

I have read Battleye faq. But I'm still not convinced.

I need a conformation from someone using a head-tracking software.

Best regards.

ive used hat track during multiplayer no problems.

Hi, I'm runnning into the same issue, because A3 is a CPU-bound-game most of the frametime I want to offload HeadTracking to a WiiMote. . only Freetrack seems to support Wiimote for this headtracking usage (pls correct me as I know there is tons of wiimote softs). The only issue with wiimote is a positive connection using your BT stack, this tooks me 2days (from my limited tests, Toshiba one was the best one)

My workaround now is to bind Freetrack to the mouse but I'll loose translation :/ Still wip no real use for now.

Some players also reported working Freetrack with trial and errors.

EDIT:

BIG THANKS to @dwarden Perf Build allowed me to cycle into tracking devices from the controller menu... then I knew something has changed, also I saw customizing shemes but still no values. Then I restarted the game, tryed to bind FT to the mouse (which works) then unchecked everything, hit refresh from the controller menu - at this point it wasn't possible to customize shemes anymore. I've returned into the game and my head started moving using FT+WiiMote+3-points-clip!

EDIT2:

Alt Tabed - no longer works... crap!

On 16.9.2017 at 2:11 AM, Poppacapnurass said:

Using TRACKIR 5 here for solo and multiplayer. Works fine and I don't notice any FPS drops

Well ofcourse not. TrackIr is hardware based.

On 9/18/2017 at 6:21 AM, Tajin said:

Well ofcourse not. TrackIr is hardware based.

True, but they did need to release a 64 bit update for it to work.