reyhard

Jets - HUD improvements

154 posts in this topic

Guys I have a question. Making now HUD for F35B. Anyone have an how to 3d transform an airportcorner for example? I want to make it higher in air.

I have a few HUD/HMD-related things to report. The biggest problem is that on the Xi'an HMD, the rocket CCIP piper for the pilot is completely inaccurate (I'll also check the helos later, the new mechanic for switching weapon control between pilot and gunner might have complicated things here). Another thing is that waypoint carets on Wipeout seem to move when the plane is rolled, throwing off the heading reading. Finally, on the Buzzard HUD, the indicators for gear, flaps, lighting don't disappear completely, but slightly dim, rendering them rather useless for actually indicating anything without close inspection. The latter is not a new issue, but certainly annoying, no real HUD does that. 

Also, a few suggestions. First, with the FM improvements, it would be useful to display AoA, G and Mach number in all planes. Second, the Wipeout should have a "graded" roll indicator somewhere, with tick marks to indicate 4 and 2 minute turns (now that FM is going to be changed to actually make such turns possible). Third, I'd really love to see the waypoint caret added to every HUD and HMD, it really helps navigation.

What do I change to decrease vertical floating of the Horizon?

I'm having trouble understanding how the "turret" and "TurretToView" sources work.

Here's what's on the Blackfoot:

class GunnerAim
{
  type = "vector";
  source = "turret";
  pos0[] = {0,-2.0};
  pos10[] = {0.0068,-0.01};
  projection = 0;
};

The pos0-10 vectors are weird.

The "TurretToView" source sometimes works like a normal vector and sometimes it seems like it needs to be combined with forward vector depending on the amount of bones represented in class MFD.

I think it should work exactly like the "PilotCameraToView" vector, where it represents the turret view of the pilot (fxd wing TGP), but it just doesn't work.