reyhard

Jets - HUD improvements

Guys I have a question. Making now HUD for F35B. Anyone have an how to 3d transform an airportcorner for example? I want to make it higher in air.

I have a few HUD/HMD-related things to report. The biggest problem is that on the Xi'an HMD, the rocket CCIP piper for the pilot is completely inaccurate (I'll also check the helos later, the new mechanic for switching weapon control between pilot and gunner might have complicated things here). Another thing is that waypoint carets on Wipeout seem to move when the plane is rolled, throwing off the heading reading. Finally, on the Buzzard HUD, the indicators for gear, flaps, lighting don't disappear completely, but slightly dim, rendering them rather useless for actually indicating anything without close inspection. The latter is not a new issue, but certainly annoying, no real HUD does that. 

Also, a few suggestions. First, with the FM improvements, it would be useful to display AoA, G and Mach number in all planes. Second, the Wipeout should have a "graded" roll indicator somewhere, with tick marks to indicate 4 and 2 minute turns (now that FM is going to be changed to actually make such turns possible). Third, I'd really love to see the waypoint caret added to every HUD and HMD, it really helps navigation.

I'm having trouble understanding how the "turret" and "TurretToView" sources work.

Here's what's on the Blackfoot:

class GunnerAim
{
  type = "vector";
  source = "turret";
  pos0[] = {0,-2.0};
  pos10[] = {0.0068,-0.01};
  projection = 0;
};

The pos0-10 vectors are weird.

The "TurretToView" source sometimes works like a normal vector and sometimes it seems like it needs to be combined with forward vector depending on the amount of bones represented in class MFD.

I think it should work exactly like the "PilotCameraToView" vector, where it represents the turret view of the pilot (fxd wing TGP), but it just doesn't work.

wow nice that HUD has AOA already but can I access that value via a command or something? I need to code a script and I need to know what the AOA of the jet is at the moment

I'm having trouble trying to display symbology where the turret of a chopper is pointing at. Before Jets DLC, the source "weaponToView" worked properly and display the direction of said turret regardless of the type of weapon selected. But now it only works properly for condition "mgun". For missiles it just points forward unless you have a lock.

From https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_MFD_config_reference:

weaponToView: primary gun direction transformed to current view (for HMD) - don't combine with forward transformation!

The class "turret" and "turretToView" sound like they should work like this, but they fail to represent the actual point (in the 3D space) at which the turret is pointing.

I tried to get my head around the usage of those sources but I failed galantly. Any help would be much appreciated!

Really sorry for necroposting, but it seems to be the best place to ask my question. I am just started crawling on all fours when it comes to MFD stuff, so forgive my possibly dumb question.
Does somebody know, why this piece of code below doesn't work? The polygon (and its texture) doesn't rotate according to the source. Did I miss something or this technology is not meant to be animated? It does work as a static poly, but it is not sufficient. What I wanted to achieve is sort of Collins-like EADI (and actually EFIS 84 suite with HSI too) based solely on MFD technology:
https://imgur.com/n60os1w

For this, I need 1-2 animated textures and some additional entries in MFD class. Is it doable with the current state of MFD?
This is the code I mentioned:

Spoiler

class MFD 
        {
            class B200_HUD_2 
            {
                topLeft = "HUD1_top_left";
                topRight = "HUD1_top_right";
                bottomLeft = "HUD1_bottom_left";
                borderLeft = 0;
                borderRight = 0;
                borderTop = 0;
                borderBottom = 0;
                color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.5};
                //color[] = {0.15, 1, 0.15, 1};
                enableParallax = 0;
                helmetMountedDisplay = 0;
                helmetPosition[] = {0, 0, 0};
                helmetRight[] = {0, 0, 0};
                helmetDown[] = {0, 0, 0};
                class HorizonBankRot 
                {
                    type = "rotational";
                    source = "horizonBank";
                    center[] = {0.5, 0.5};
                    min = -3.1416;
                    max = 3.1416;
                    minAngle = -180;
                    maxAngle = 180;
                    aspectRatio = 1;
                };
                class Draw
                {
                    color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.1};
                    condition = "on";
                    class PolygonTest
                    {
                        color[] = { 1, 1, 1 };
                        class Polygon
                        {
                            type    = "polygon";
                            texture = "int73_b200\cockpit\adi_horizont_co.paa";
                            points[] =
                            {
                                {
                                    {HorizonBankRot, { -2, -2 }, 1 },
                                    {HorizonBankRot, { 2, -2 }, 1 },
                                    {HorizonBankRot, { 2, 2 }, 1 },
                                    {HorizonBankRot, { -2, 2 }, 1 }
                                }
                            };
                        };
                    };
                };
            };
        };

PS. As I said, it is indeed a dumb question. I've missed the Bones class level in the code. Animated polygons work in MFD.