23rd Infantry Division

submarine
Submarines Mod Incoming!

41 posts in this topic

I'm not going to say that there is one finished, and ready for posting. For the past month I've been trying to find submarines, I'm not talking about the little ones, I talking about like a life size submarine. I've only seen one mod that includes a submarine and that is part of the Swedish armed force mod pack. And let's admit it it a bad design, no interior, barely any weapons, and a terribly pant job.

So for the moment I'm drawing and trying to model the submarine in Blender.

Features

•walk-able surface

•multiple weapons systems 

•Custom made navy men

•Interior

•One for each faction

•Working AI Control

•different varieties

•Different Roles/seats

This is early process of the build, but I'll try my best for the community, once able to import in Arma I'll post an update video!

My ears are open to suggestions

I probably will introduce people in the mod for quicker development.

If people want I can work on an entire navy mod pack, witch will take longer but maybe will include, sips/corvettes, destroyers frigates, aircraft carriers, landing craft, transportation ships, ect\ Up to you though

Will it take time? Absolutely, but hard to tell how long.

Will i give up on this task? Never, and if a problem happens ill have to figure it out.

Will i post updates on the progress? Yes, once the submarines modelling is done ill post a screenshots on the submarine, and give a short description about it.

Don’t ask for an update, nor tell me how difficult this will be!

4 people like this

Well good luck with your project, however as you are new I would suggest not starting off your post by slagging off the work granq and the swedish forces team have done and been doing for some time.

11 people like this

13 minutes ago, jeza said:

Well good luck with your project, however as you are new I would suggest not starting off your post by slagging off the work granq and the swedish forces team have done and been doing for some time.

Not saying that the mod is bad I'm just saying is that I only saw one submarine and it was in this mod pack, and feels like didn't have any effort put in. But I'm willing to put in the time and effort. Nor would I want to say it's a bad mod it's a awesome mod pack  use it a ton of times.

Ans thank you for the support, really appreciated?

How many people want it to modern military like the factions of US, Russia?

Or do you want it to be in a different country faction?

Or just keep it for  the current factions?

pls don't be afraid to ask questions, or send suggestions!

Progress so far is good for the designs I've set out, researching submarines through out the world for the best designs of course, every sub for each faction will not be the same class, or design, speed, strength, weaponry.

If possible.

2 hours ago, 23rd Infantry Division said:

I'm not going to say that there is one finished, and ready for posting.

Another "great ideas" guy hey?

I think you underestimate how difficult or near impossible a task like this is. 

2 people like this

Do you really think I'm unaware

people put months, if not a year to make a amazing mod. And if going to take that long, I really won't care, I will still put in the time and effort.

So don't think you will stop me 

1 person likes this

Good luck but I have zero expectations regarding naval and especially submarines mod knowing the engine of Arma.. As usual people are going to get excited but hey we know the story!

2 people like this

2 hours ago, nikiforos said:

Good luck but I have zero expectations regarding naval and especially submarines mod knowing the engine of Arma.. As usual people are going to be excited but hey we know the story!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32207

this person made an entire navy pack

plus I alreay told the other guy but now I have to tell you, it will take time!

Gnat made some great subs for Arma2, but alas he has disappeared from the Arma Community. Good luck in your project, perhaps we can see some modelling screenshots of your progress?

6 minutes ago, 23rd Infantry Division said:

How do you take a screenshot?

And thank you R0aki11 for your support

Here's how.

7 people like this

8 minutes ago, norsk2277 said:

Are you going to do the High Poly to low polygon workflow?

11 hours ago, 23rd Infantry Division said:

Progress so far is good for the designs I've set out, researching submarines through out the world for the best designs of course, every sub for each faction will not be the same class, or design, speed, strength, weaponry.

If possible.

Have you done any modelling in the past? are you familiar with the high polys to low poly workflow?

1 minute ago, norsk2277 said:

Have you done any modelling in the past? are you familiar with the high polys to low poly workflow?

Yes i have done modeling in my past, and high poly workflow

Top Submarines Models Ive Picked [Dont take this as offensive,this models that I think are interesting]

1•North Korea

2•Japan

3•Us

4•Israel

5•India

6•Russia

will you be simulating Bow Sonar ? Will you be Simulating Towed Arrays ? Can you simulate the effect of thermocline layers... ? can we get realistic torpedo Kinematics ?

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, serjames said:

Will you be Simulating Towed Arrays ? 

Hopefully they are modeled to trail both behind and below the submarine, 

Most of those are addons, in most cases yes

1 minute ago, serjames said:

will you be simulating Bow Sonar ? Will you be Simulating Towed Arrays ? Can you simulate the effect of thermocline layers... ? can we get realistic torpedo Kinematics ?

•Bow Sonar, and Towed Arrays| So far yes.

•Realistic Torpedo Kinematics|Not my main focus, but once moddeling is complete, I'll focus on it.

•Can I Can you simulate the effect of thermoclineBlazers|Not my main focus, nor really though of it.

well best of luck.

One question though, having torpedos what will you target with it ? i mean i dont think they are used to shoot RHIB's out of the water ?