Sign in to follow this  
tmp95

Should I do full A3 steam reinstall ? 1.68 broke my start up

So, I updated to 1.68. I'm running A3 64bit (Steam). Since update my A3 launcher works but as soon as I click play game most often it hangs when loading. Just stays there. Cannot ctrl-alt-del. Must do manual shutdown. 100% time if any mods are included.  With NO mods (what's the point) the game will load sometimes (not always).  I've never had an update issue prior. My system is a high end Alienware with all drivers uptodate running windows 10 Pro.

Should I do a complete uninstall / reinstall of A3 / Steam?  If so what is best way to go about it.   Thanks.

6 hours ago, tmp95 said:

So, I updated to 1.68. I'm running A3 64bit (Steam). Since update my A3 launcher works but as soon as I click play game most often it hangs when loading. Just stays there. Cannot ctrl-alt-del. Must do manual shutdown. 100% time if any mods are included.  With NO mods (what's the point) the game will load sometimes (not always).  I've never had an update issue prior. My system is a high end Alienware with all drivers uptodate running windows 10 Pro.

Should I do a complete uninstall / reinstall of A3 / Steam?  If so what is best way to go about it.   Thanks.

I would try verifying the game cache first before you do a re-install and see if anything is missing or anything downloads. Then try and run it again Vanilla with no Mods and nothing in the CMD line..then look at the rpt and see what it says..I have heard some people having issues with it not seeing their graphics card and trying to use the on-board graphics.

Diesel