Sign in to follow this  
RaptorElite

Need help in editing/customising Ahoyworld's I&A

So I downloaded the I&A Master folder from http://ia3.ahoyworld.co.uk/ but the problem is that I can't find the instructions as to how to actually configure it according to your own needs, I did try to read the documentation on it on their website but the Doc content itself isnt loading or is just not there
Any help would be highly appreciated

27 minutes ago, RaptorElite said:

So I downloaded the I&A Master folder from http://ia3.ahoyworld.co.uk/ but the problem is that I can't find the instructions as to how to actually configure it according to your own needs, I did try to read the documentation on it on their website but the Doc content itself isnt loading or is just not there
Any help would be highly appreciated

What do you mean by "configure it"..as in parameters or actually going in and editing it? If its parameters that should be availible when you start the mission in MP. If you are going to edit it then it should be like any other mission as far as editing.

Diesel

33 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

What do you mean by "configure it"..as in parameters or actually going in and editing it? If its parameters that should be availible when you start the mission in MP. If you are going to edit it then it should be like any other mission as far as editing.

Diesel

I mean the parameters, like number of enemy squads, number of enemy vehicles and the like
If you know how to, could you explain ina  step by step process because for some reason the unpacked pbo, upon opening in Editor says "Cannot load scenario"

3 hours ago, RaptorElite said:

I mean the parameters, like number of enemy squads, number of enemy vehicles and the like
If you know how to, could you explain ina  step by step process because for some reason the unpacked pbo, upon opening in Editor says "Cannot load scenario"

Double check the mission make sure you have any mods it might need..sounds like you are missing something it requires..was it all vanilla?

Diesel

34 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

Double check the mission make sure you have any mods it might need..sounds like you are missing something it requires..was it all vanilla?

Diesel

Nevermind that, did a bit tinkering around and it loaded but then the main problem is Actually editing parameters and things, how do I do that?

5 hours ago, RaptorElite said:

Nevermind that, did a bit tinkering around and it loaded but then the main problem is Actually editing parameters and things, how do I do that?

The parameters should be availible when you load the mission as admin..editing things you will need to open the mission pbo up. If its your first time doing it read the forum section on mission editing..then when you do open it up..make a copy of the original in case something goes wrong you'll have a back up. When I started I just started opening missions up and seeing how things worked..takes a while to get the hang of it..I'm still learning things every time i edit something...once you get editing though it is very addictive..lol..always finding more things to do to make it unique. Most people in the community are really good about helping out and if you edit their mission be sure to give them first credit for the original mission...good luck and if you have questions feel free to ask.

Diesel