dragon zen

BUG: Win7 Laptop cannot start game after 1.68 update, Code 0xC06D007E

After update 1.68 64bit patch, I cannot start my Arma3 at all, will crash while loading:

"The excpetion unknown software exception (0xc06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0xfce4a06d"

I use Laptop (win 7 64bit) with GTX710M, with another integrated video card.Some people wonder it is due to the default video card, but I have tried to change the default card in nVidia experience. Also, I just updated the nVidia driver but it doesn't help neither.  I have 16G memory so it should be enough...

According to replies below, this problem has been focused to Laptop + Win7, hope it could be solved soon.

Hope some body could help with this problem, and push it up if have same question.

Thank you.

This appears to be a common issue, and from what i can tell, is affecting laptop installations. Are you running Win 7 or 10? My theory is that the update changed some OS files somewhere. I don't think it is a driver issue, or application (I have re-installed all of that already).

I hope BI get onto this soon..

11 hours ago, reggaeman007jah said:

This appears to be a common issue, and from what i can tell, is affecting laptop installations. Are you running Win 7 or 10? My theory is that the update changed some OS files somewhere. I don't think it is a driver issue, or application (I have re-installed all of that already).

I hope BI get onto this soon..

Thank you, I run win7 64bit. Yeah, it might target laptop, so strange. Currently we can only wait.

Maybe it's laptop with non-Windows 10.

I have laptop with W10 and GTX860M, runs fine. Desktop with W10 and GTX1070 runs fine.

My friend has W8.1 and GTX960M, gets this error.

I managed to load the game on an identical laptop in terms of hardware specs (apart from RAM, which was 12 instead of 16) - the machine was running on Win10. My main laptop, which is still Win7 has no luck with this, and crashes (with the above error) on startup every time.

I have the same problem, it only after the update to this game only. have win 7 pro with a GTX 750M CARD. UPDATE card with latest update, updated windows,  ran the program in windows SFC/SCANNOW no problem with my windows files. verified my ARMA 3 FILES  no problem. the rest of my games I place have no problem with them play them on HI-RES. so it was something that they did that has messed up the game for us with WIN 7. INSTEAD OF WIN.10. SO THEM ME WHAT I CAN DO. have already played the game for almost 800 hrs. with no problem until now. I am running the game on a ALIENWARE GAMING LAPTOP. for me to get windows 10. I was told by ALIENWARE. I am better of getting a new machine instead of trying to update to WINDOWS 10.

Edited by emti45
add more

6 hours ago, emti45 said:

I have the same problem, it only after the update to this game only. have win 7 pro with a GTX 750M CARD. UPDATE card with latest update, updated windows,  ran the program in windows SFC/SCANNOW no problem with my windows files. verified my ARMA 3 FILES  no problem. the rest of my games I place have no problem with them play them on HI-RES. so it was something that they did that has messed up the game for us with WIN 7. INSTEAD OF WIN.10. SO THEM ME WHAT I CAN DO. have already played the game for almost 800 hrs. with no problem until now. I am running the game on a ALIENWARE GAMING LAPTOP. for me to get windows 10. I was told by ALIENWARE. I am better of getting a new machine instead of trying to update to WINDOWS 10.

Pity for you. let's be cool and wait for a while, hope they will fix it soon. It is said a lot of mod and mission (including mine) have problems with the updated version. BI might need some time to solve those troubles too.

On 2017/3/23 at 6:19 AM, reggaeman007jah said:

I managed to load the game on an identical laptop in terms of hardware specs (apart from RAM, which was 12 instead of 16) - the machine was running on Win10. My main laptop, which is still Win7 has no luck with this, and crashes (with the above error) on startup every time.

yes, thank you so much, it seems a error on Win7 Laptop.

On 22/03/2017 at 11:09 PM, emti45 said:

Please refrain from using Capitalised words. As its equivalent to shouting. 

Thank you BIS_Wizard ... really good to know you guys are on this.

I am guessing you are not able to say when the patch will be released, but are you able to give any high level indication of timescales? I guess this comes down to the complexity of the repair work required.

Anyway, thanks again :)

KITD FOHS

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Please refrain from using Capitalised words. As its equivalent to shouting. 

sorry I did not know that,

that is alright for playing ARMA, my other games us it so I have to wait till a patch.

I can confirm the 4600 driver update fixes this, well for me anyway. I realised that even though I had updated my 4600 drivers, and had been told that my drivers were up to date, actually the last driver was dated 2015. I went to the intel site, and tried to update my drivers, but got an error. So, I followed the advice here - https://communities.intel.com/thread/51942 - downloaded the zip, and did the update manually. 

This worked, and I am now in the game. 

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues. It seems that there are two current workarounds currently. Upgrade to Win10, or update your 4600 intel drivers. I am on Win7 laptop btw.

If anyone else has success of otherwise, let us know.

May the force be with you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reggaeman007jah said:

I can confirm the 4600 driver update fixes this, well for me anyway. I realised that even though I had updated my 4600 drivers, and had been told that my drivers were up to date, actually the last driver was dated 2015. I went to the intel site, and tried to update my drivers, but got an error. So, I followed the advice here - https://communities.intel.com/thread/51942 - downloaded the zip, and did the update manually. 

This worked, and I am now in the game. 

Good luck to everyone else who is having issues. It seems that there are two current workarounds currently. Upgrade to Win10, or update your 4600 intel drivers. I am on Win7 laptop btw.

If anyone else has success of otherwise, let us know.

May the force be with you.

well got it to run now how well it was the a problem with the NVidia OPTIMUS, the problem was with an outdate INTEL 4600 HD DRIVER,  have not updated mine since 2013, run the updated on dated 01/2017 64 bit version and now the game runs really good. thank you for your post

• Like 1

I am glad it worked for you. This has been a real team effort. I have followed threads on this forum, steam, and one of the main feedback tracker threads. Across these discussions we all narrowed down the issue, which I think helped BI devs to provide the right advice to fix this. I dont know if this is a solution for everyone, but it is definately progress.

Spread the word if you know anyone else suffering from this :)

KITD FOHS

Btw, unfortunately i dont have to hand the names of all of the solution pathfinders, but there were some very helpful users and BI devs (razazel and bis_wizard iirc). So all credit goes straight to them.

KITD FOHS