Barbecue Tech Tips

Best parameter settings and hardware for highest fps

I have been tweaking the parameters since the 64bit launched with slight Gaines. What settings yield the best performance ?

Setup:

6700k@4.7Ghz stable. Was running 4.9Ghz for testing.

2x8gb 4266Mhz ram

Rx 480 @1400Mhz

Samsung evo ssd

The most optimal? It's really different for each system, depending on what your system is lacking it could swing one way or the other.

Since you have at least 8gb of memory. I'm not too worried with the new 64 bit.

your g p u could be lacking power for things like anti aliasing or texture quality. 

It quite most literally is different for each and every system. 

1 hour ago, Barbecue Tech Tips said:

I have been tweaking the parameters since the 64bit launched with slight Gaines. What settings yield the best performance ?

Setup:

6700k@4.7Ghz stable. Was running 4.9Ghz for testing.

2x8gb 4266Mhz ram

Rx 480 @1400Mhz

Samsung evo ssd

Totally depends on your PC specs, everyone's different, some shut down background tasks when running ArmA3 as well, using something like RAZER Cortex.

2 minutes ago, road runner said:

Totally depends on your PC specs, everyone's different, some shut down background tasks when running ArmA3 as well, using something like RAZER Cortex.

never had any luck with any programs setting task priority. Nor optimization ones. 

3 minutes ago, Midnighters said:

never had any luck with any programs setting task priority. Nor optimization ones. 

RAZER cortex doesn't prioritise, it just shuts down programs freeing up RAM and less use of the CPU which always gives a little boost to Arma 3 for me mate

Just now, road runner said:

RAZER cortex doesn't prioritise, it just shuts down programs freeing up RAM and less use of the CPU which always gives a little boost to Arma 3 for me mate

Agh, I'm not one to do so. I'm glad it helps you out though. 

• Like 1

Just now, Midnighters said:

Agh, I'm not one to do so. I'm glad it helps you out though. 

The thing is, I've seen blokes with more or less the same specs as mine, with 20-30% better FPS, and they're running with higher graphics settings too, it's horses for courses when it comes to asking what gives the best performance really. 

The thing is, I've seen blokes with more or less the same specs as mine, with 20-30% better FPS, and they're running with higher graphics settings too, it's horses for courses when it comes to asking what gives the best performance really. 

Basically, yeah. My SSD, My 6770k, and 16 GB of DD4 still get bottlenecked from my 960. Though some are running even older cards with higher fps and have cranked out their texture quality, antialiasing, AO. Etc. I think there is a true difference between each scenario though. You can never really pin point which mission details a true benchmark for area 3. I don't really think YAAB does it either. Because it's not a real world scenario. 

There is a known issue with the 960/970's when it comes to allocating the RAM apparently

There is a known issue with the 960/970's when it comes to allocating the RAM apparently

Oh really? Damn it, I need to upgrade anyhow. 

there is absolute NO NEED to tweak there anything !

arma3 do set this parameters if you leave them default correct for your hardware.

apart of:

-nosplash

-enableHT

-hugePages

-noLogs

you should not use any other parameters !

other parameters should only be used to configure some special or uncommon hardware,

like 12 core CPU or a GTX 970 where you need to limit the VRAM due stupid memory handling of GPU.

if you really need to get the most out of your CPU and hardware then download this:

process lasso

this is the only software I can really advice, all other software like razer or any other performance boost "fake" software are garbage !

I agree with the software promising a performance boost being a waste. With my specs I'm bottlenecked by the RX 480. There are benchmarks available for download o

Via steam workshop.