Hi guys

Updated to latest Arma 3 and have a problem that I was wondering if it can be reproduced? Open Stratis with no mods, place down a vanilla player, then a trigger. Can you change the trigger type to blufor?

Can confirm, triggers are broken.

They didn't hotfix the issue with not being able to use the task type dropdown menu after 1.66, so I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up for a hotfix on this issue in 1.68.

Workaround: Use arrow keys to select.

It's actually not the triggers but rather the mouse handling for certain drop-down lists in 3Den. Many (but not all) drop-down lists in 3Den seems to not read mouse over and input after being opened.
Here's a selection of controls that don't work. This is not all of them but should give a good idea about the source of the problem.

Attributes > Composition: State > Combat Mode

Attributes > Composition: State > Behaviour

Attributes > Trigger: Activation > Type

Attributes > Trigger: Activation > Activation

3den > Preferences > Autosave

6 hours ago, anfo said:

Open Stratis with no mods, place down a vanilla player, then a trigger. Can you change the trigger type to blufor?

Yes.

4 hours ago, Mynock said:

Can confirm, triggers are broken.

They didn't hotfix the issue with not being able to use the task type dropdown menu after 1.66, so I'm not even going to bother getting my hopes up for a hotfix on this issue in 1.68.

You mean triggers are broken for you.....

Have you guys verified your game cache after the update? (always recommended in the SPOTREP after a large update)

After yesterdays update I even performed a fresh install of Arma 3, and i'm not seeing any of the issues that are being posted around the forum presently. 

Cheers for the info @Evil Organ, I'll verify and see if that does it. 

For the record are you running the x64 or x86 version?

Just now, mrcurry said:

For the record are you running the x64 or x86 version?

Running the 64-bit version.

1 hour ago, mrcurry said:

Workaround: Use arrow keys to select.

It's actually not the triggers but rather the mouse handling for certain drop-down lists in 3Den. Many (but not all) drop-down lists in 3Den seems to not read mouse over and input after being opened.
Here's a selection of controls that don't work. This is not all of them but should give a good idea about the source of the problem.

Attributes > Composition: State > Combat Mode

Attributes > Composition: State > Behaviour

Attributes > Trigger: Activation > Type

Attributes > Trigger: Activation > Activation

3den > Preferences > Autosave

Again, I'm not experiencing any of these issues, I can use my mouse and scroll wheel for all these tasks, no need for arrow keys.

I had an issue after syncing a trigger to a vehicle. After doing it and then trying to unsynch it later I couldn't get back to the original Activation  settings they were stuck on group/vehicle settings.

4 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Have you guys verified your game cache after the update? (always recommended in the SPOTREP after a large update)

After yesterdays update I even performed a fresh install of Arma 3, and i'm not seeing any of the issues that are being posted around the forum presently. 

I always verify my cache immediately after the update. You must be a lucky one not experiencing issues. I envy you.

Edit: using the arrow keys doesn't work for me either, that was the first thing I tried after confirming the drop down didn't work.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mynock said:

I always verify my cache immediately after the update. You must be a lucky one not experiencing issues. I envy you.

I went a step further after this update and uninstalled Arma 3, then reinstalled it, maybe you could give that a try to see if it solves your issues....futile maybe, but worth a try.

There's gotta be a reason why the latest update is working for some but not for others......:headscratch:

I tried another couple of steps to get rid of the issue and well I have sort of.

1. I verified the game. No change.

2. I ran it in fullscreen instead of borderless windowed. Worked like a charm. Switched back and forth a couple of times and could reliably reproduce it in borderless window.

3. I ran the 32-bit version and it worked fine on both fullscreen and borderless window except that the trigger activation drop-down list doesn't fill up. All other drop-downs in editor work fine.

Here's where it gets interesting.

4. I switched back to 64-bit version thinking the missing activation list was just a 32 bit issue. I was wrong. Now all drop-down lists work fine in both fullscreen and bordeless windowed mode except the trigger activation one. Before I was able to select it but now it's rendered unusable.

5. I tried switching profiles and also creating a completely new profile. No change.

Unless you guys got any other tips I'll see if this occurs on my desktop and maybe do a full reinstall as suggested once I'm back home on my fiber-optic. 

Should possibly ask for this thread to be moved since it's not really a mission editing issue.

26 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Try changing the UI size, Are you using small?

That would be an annoying work around, but better than nothing, so I'll give it a go.

25 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I went a step further after this update and uninstalled Arma 3, then reinstalled it, maybe you could give that a try to see if it solves your issues....futile maybe, but worth a try.

There's gotta be a reason why the latest update is working for some but not for others......:headscratch:

Sadly I am limited by my ISP for data because I am on a bulk account through a housing complex, so re-downloading 25GB would cost me 5x what the game is worth, especially after the update used the vast majority of my data for the month. (I'm limited to 12gb/month, after that I get charged for every 500mb I go over)

KK comes through again. Switching to medium "fixes" it. How stupid... Welp I guess I'm back to the "looking through a tiny hole in the wall" editing process until it gets fixed in 1.70.

For reference, 1920x1080p resolution, small size UI does not work, medium does, no clue about very small because I can't see anything in that size regardless so I can't run it that small.

Solved it for me too. Can confirm problem only occurs in small UI size. Very small works and Normal/Medium works.

29 minutes ago, Mynock said:

Switching to medium "fixes" it. How stupid...

This has been reported internally and attempt to fix this was made, however judging by the reports the fix wasn't successful. It doesn't seem to be quite straightforward issue.

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

This has been reported internally and attempt to fix this was made, however judging by the reports the fix wasn't successful. It doesn't seem to be quite straightforward issue.

I know, I'm not saying making games work is easy or I have any idea about how anything works, it's just stupid that the error only occurs on a single UI size... like what the heck... seems really weird.

Moving the popup slightly seems to work, still a bit of a pain having to do it every time but prefer that to changing the UI

On 17/03/2017 at 0:36 PM, f2k sel said:

I couldn't get back to the original Activation  settings they were stuck on group/vehicle settings.

I just test what you described in the editor and like you noticed that the trigger gets stuck in group/owner mode when its previous owner is deleted. How ever right clicking on the trigger and choosing Set Trigger Owner then clicking on nothing reset it to normal activation types.

Like Evil Organ I have no problems with UI size small, are you sure, all you that are having problems, that your video settings are correct? Video Setting > Display > Resolution and that you have no weird settings in your Documents > Arma3 > Arma3.cfg or any other -cfg if you are using a modified one.

winWidth=2100;
winHeight=900;
winDefWidth=2100;
winDefHeight=900;
fullScreenWidth=2560;
fullScreenHeight=1080;
refresh=60;
renderWidth=2520;
renderHeight=1080;

Where these settings should match your screen resolution/ windowed resolution. ie my monitor is 2560x1080 but for editing I use windowed mode of 2100x900.

I know a friend who was having similar problems and his resolution was some how off and when I reset it everything worked.

I dont know but maybe it may help if those with troubles post their settings and .cfg to see if there are any similarities.:shrug:

@TwoBad has the right idea. Just move the window a little but and it will all work again

• Like 1