Sign in to follow this  
travhimself

Revive Basic Damage Model Not Working

I've been searching high and low, and testing various settings with the new Revive system since its rework this past summer. I'm fairly convinced that the "Basic" damage model does not work as intended. With the following settings (see below), I would expect players to ALWAYS drop into the "incapacitated" state, as long as there are other active players on the server. Instead, I see spotty and inconsistent behavior: players often being killed outright (even when they are NOT in a vehicle), sometimes unable to revive each other, and the bleed out time sometimes ending sooner than expected. In other words, it seems like the Advanced model.

There is a small footnote at the bottom of the docs (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Revive) that says:

• Basic damage model - currently, the Basic damage model uses the new calculation that is being used by Advanced and Realistic damage model; this will be changed soon™

But as we know (and as I'm guilty of myself), documentation can sometimes fall behind the actual state of the software. Can anyone say say with authority whether I should expect Basic to work?

Here are my settings in desctiption.ext. Revive is set "off" in the Eden editor. All player units have the "attendant" (medic) trait.

// player respawning
respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 20;
respawnOnStart = 0;
respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

// revive system
ReviveMode = 1; // enabled for all players
ReviveUnconsciousStateMode = 0; // basic; players are always revivable (no insta-death)
ReviveRequiredTrait = 1; // medic ("attendant") trait is required (which WR_Remnant_Recon units have)
ReviveRequiredItems = 2; // medikit or first aid kit is required to revive someone
ReviveRequiredItemsFakConsumed = 1; // first aid kit is consumed in process of reviving
ReviveDelay = 10; // time needed to revive someone
ReviveMedicSpeedMultiplier = 1; // speed multiplier (for the above time) for medics
ReviveForceRespawnDelay = 5; // time needed to force a respawn (as a downed player)
ReviveBleedOutDelay = 180; // duration of unconscious state

You have to wait for bis to resolve that issue , but if u want u can use eventhandler and force unconscious state , base on the damage received . Bis max damage would be 1 or 1.5 don't really remember

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, @claws01. I've been looking at workarounds, and judging by the number of damage event handler scripts I'm seeing, I'm not the first one to encounter this issue. :)

Do you know whether BIS has addressed this publicly? Is there a standing thread about the progress or anything? (Just curious where you got your info from.)

Thanks again!

Yep , should be better with 1.69 changelogs of yersterday
● Tweaked: Dependence of the 'Incapacitated' hitpoint was adjusted (and added to VR characters) 

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 1