Bnae

Crosshair and raise weapon

Hello

Again here with few simple questions. First, anyone know where's config/ .sqf for the crosshair (if there is)? And second, where might be the function for "Raise weapon" that is used in vehicles while aiming at friendly?

And i would like to know how you found it if that could help me in future.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bnae said:

First, anyone know where's config/ .sqf for the crosshair (if there is)?

Crosshairs are defined by the cursor and cursorAim parameters of the weapon. They point to a class in class CfgWeaponCursors.

1 hour ago, Bnae said:

And second, where might be the function for "Raise weapon" that is used in vehicles while aiming at friendly?

The limits are set in the FFV turret

class CargoTurret_01: CargoTurret
{
  	//Other Paramters ...
	class dynamicViewLimits
	{
		CargoTurret_04[] = {-65, 95};
	};
};

Basically that's stating that when a person is sat in the CargoTurret_04 position, the occupant of CargoTurret_01 will be put in the Obstructed animation state when facing between -65 and 95 degrees of the defined turret arc.

i.e. the limits are hardcoded per vehicle position and are not actually detecting the person.
Obstructed state animation is defined in the gunnerAction (under class CfgMovesBasic>>class Actions etc.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Crosshairs are defined by the cursor and cursorAim parameters of the weapon. They point to a class in class CfgWeaponCursors.

The limits are set in the FFV turret

class CargoTurret_01: CargoTurret
{
  	//Other Paramters ...
	class dynamicViewLimits
	{
		CargoTurret_04[] = {-65, 95};
	};
};

Basically that's stating that when a person is sat in the CargoTurret_04 position, the occupant of CargoTurret_01 will but put in the Obstructed animation state when facing between -65 and 95 degrees of the defined turret arc.

i.e. the limits are hardcoded per vehicle position and are not actually detecting the person.
Obstructed state animation is defined in the gunnerAction (under class CfgMovesBasic>>class Actions etc.)

Thank you very much. I never came across with CfgWeaponCursors while making addons so I'm glad to know it now. And I though there was a function for the weapon but now i understand that there no need for it when it's used like that.

Noob alert ...

I would love to know how to change just the color and size of my crosshairs via an .sqf script?

Bnae - where you able to do that ???

@teamkiled I did everything on an addon, so no help on your question

• Like 1

Mmmm addons and scripts are that different? (besides paths)  ;)

• Like 2