Wyqer

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (continued)

5 hours ago, philtherhythm said:

I know there's a topic in the wiki where you can enable zeus

Don't get me wrong, but I recommend to read that topic again.

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#how-can-i-enable-full-zeus

Ares is really helpful, oh yes. I use it, too.

Quite handy if some of your players have a disconnect or something and needs a quick teleport back to where he lost the connection etc.

And also for running "real zeus missions" it's a mod I don't want to miss anymore.

Hello Wyqer, 

Thank you for your response! Apparently I made the changes, but forgot to save in Notepad++ (it saves the changes you made, but if you don't hit Ctrl+S, it doesn't apply the changes)
Thanks, 
Filip

Darkhound7 :

to do this just , (if you don't know)

rename the extension of the mission like "thenameofthemission.altis" to .VR for example .

Open this in the editor + then you can also copy paste whatever you want .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wyqer said:

@Darkhound7
I'll provide an own Lythium mission.sqm with 0.96 or the first patch after 0.96, because we want to play that map in our community, after we've finished Chernarus.

@GEORGE FLOROS GR

Guess you seached for:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:Devkit

Cool.. Lythium a good choice. I was asking cause I was going to start porting to Isla Duala unless someone else has it already as I am Lazy.. Not looking forward to placing the opfor_points:)

@GEORGE FLOROS GR

Thanx bro. Helpfull as always:) 

Are there any settings that I can set to prevent insta-deaths? For both player and AI?

I play SP (in local server) and prefer not to insta-die, loose my AI units and end up at a FOB with no resources to buy new units. ;)

1 hour ago, stlassen said:

Are there any settings that I can set to prevent insta-deaths? For both player and AI?

I play SP (in local server) and prefer not to insta-die, loose my AI units and end up at a FOB with no resources to buy new units. ;)

Psychobastard A3 Wounding System works very well but it is a script you have do some minor configuring. You also need to configure Liberations recruitment units INIT to suit the Wounding Script. Search back through these pages and you will see where Wyqer helped me out.

Although I should point out I'm not running latest version of Liberation yet so not sure If Wyqer has added any AI reviving into it

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stlassen said:

As @Rockapes Said A3 wounding system will allow you to always fall Unconscious. Also allows Dragging and Carrying. You can crawl when down as well. Just have to disable the revive in mission.

In your mission_params.hpp 

class ReviveMode {
        title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
        isGlobal = 1;
        values[] = {-100,0,1};                                                                                                                                                                               
        texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};                         <---------------------- Default to 0 will disable missions revive
        default = 0;
        function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";

WHen you down and there is a medic nearby you can hit "H" and they will revive you.

I can't remember the INIT to allow the recruitment. but tested it on units built after mission start and works but the units built after mission start dont always fall unconscious they do however heal you.

Tested on dedicated server and works well

• Like 1

Been having this issue:

Once everyone leaves the server, and someone comes back, they have to restart the mission for the enemies to spawn.

Anyone else having this issue?

51 minutes ago, Ellman said:

Been having this issue:

Once everyone leaves the server, and someone comes back, they have to restart the mission for the enemies to spawn.

Anyone else having this issue?

Consistently? How long has server been up when this happens? Headless clients?

14 hours ago, Darkhound7 said:

Consistently? How long has server been up when this happens? Headless clients?

Consistently: Has to be restarted every time.

How long has server been up: Could be anything from 10min -> 10hrs.

Headless Clients: Tested both with and without HC's.

I do run mods on the server, and I have a hunch on what causes the issue, but can't be sure until one mod have been removed.

I run my Liberation server for a milsim that I'm in and they happen to have a quite extensive modpack. And the only mod I would be able to 

identify that could cause this to happen would be "Werthles' Headless Module".

I'm currently waiting for them to remove the mod and will return with info if it solved it once that's done.

Concerning experimental missionfiles

As it seems that the experimental missionfiles I provide here aren't used (or nobody reports back, which is basically the same), I'll hand these out only on our discord in a closed server admin channel in the future.

So if you're interested in these missionfiles, join the discord and mention that you run a server which regularly host the Liberation mission and you're the admin there. Then you'll gain access to the mentioned channel and will be notified if there is something new to test.

Currently the testing is very important, as the release of 0.96 isn't far.

I will eventually join the Discord channel and request the experimental files but at the moment I am having issues setting up v0.955 correctly. I know that I can change the mission presets at mission start, but wish to be able to do this server side and not every time we play.

As there are only a limited group of us playing on my server we wanted to:

1. Disable fatigue.
  2. Use complete arsenal.
  3. Allow revive for all players.
  4. Disable both Introduction and Deployment cinematics.

Reading through the posts here I changed the following:

mission_params.hpp

Spoiler

class ReviveOptions{
		title = $STR_PARAMS_REVIVEOPTIONS;
		values[] = { "" };
		texts[] = { "" };
		default = "";
	};
	class ReviveMode
	{
		title = $STR_A3_ReviveMode;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault, $STR_A3_Disabled, $STR_A3_EnabledForAllPlayers};
		default = 2;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMode";
	};
	class ReviveDuration
	{
		title = $STR_A3_ReviveDuration;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,6,8,10,12,15,20,25,30};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,6,8,10,12,15,20,25,30};
		default = 6;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveDuration";
	};
	class ReviveRequiredTrait
	{
		title = $STR_A3_RequiredTrait;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,$STR_A3_None,$STR_A3_Medic};
		default = 1;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveRequiredTrait";
	};
	class ReviveMedicSpeedMultiplier
	{
		title = $STR_A3_RequiredTrait_MedicSpeedMultiplier;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,1,1.5,2,2.5,3};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,"1x","1.5x","2x","2.5x","3x"};
		default = 5;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveMedicSpeedMultiplier";
	};
	class ReviveRequiredItems
	{
		title = $STR_A3_RequiredItems;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1,2};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,$STR_A3_None,$STR_A3_Medikit,$STR_A3_FirstAidKitOrMedikit};
		default = 3;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveRequiredItems";
	};
	class UnconsciousStateMode
	{
		title = $STR_A3_IncapacitationMode;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1,2};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,$STR_A3_Basic,$STR_A3_Advanced,$STR_A3_Realistic};
		default = 1;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveUnconsciousStateMode";
	};
	class ReviveBleedOutDuration
	{
		title = $STR_A3_BleedOutDuration;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,10,15,20,30,45,60,90,180};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,10,15,20,30,45,60,90,180};
		default = 180;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveBleedOutDuration";
	};
	class ReviveForceRespawnDuration
	{
		title = $STR_A3_ForceRespawnDuration;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10};
		default = 8;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveForceRespawnDuration";

class Fatigue {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_FATIGUE;
		values[] = { 0, 1 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED, $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED };
		default = 0;
	};
	class ArsenalUsePreset {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_ARSENALUSEPRESET;
		values[] = { 0, 1 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_NOTRESTRICTIONS, $STR_PARAMS_USEPRESET };
		default = 0;
	};

class Introduction {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_INTRO;
		values[] = { 1, 0 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED, $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED };
		default = 1;
	};
	class DeploymentCinematic {
		title = $STR_PARAMS_DEPLOYMENTCAMERA;
		values[] = { 1, 0 };
		texts[] = { $STR_PARAMS_ENABLED, $STR_PARAMS_DISABLED };
		default = 1;
	};

kp_liberation_config.sqf

Spoiler

/* Which arsenal preset should be used?
0 = Use the default blacklist method (defined below).
1 = Custom arsenal preset (edit the custom.sqf in the arsenal_presets\ folder to change things for your own versions and tweaks).
2 = Killah Potatoes Gaming Community arsenal preset.
3 = RHS USAF arsenal preset.
4 = RHS USAF arsenal preset with ACE.
5 = RHS USAF arsenal preset with ACE and ACRE.	
6 = 3cbBAF and RHS USAF arsenal preset. */
KP_liberation_arsenal = 0;

/* - Default arsenal blacklist method.
Useless if you're using anything other than "kp_liberation_arsenal = 0;" above. A whitelisted arsenal is always more performance friendly then a blacklisted arsenal.	
REMEMBER: All static turret and UAV bags should be defined here, to stop players from exploiting free resources via the virtual arsenal.	*/
blacklisted_from_arsenal = [
];

The revive feature does not function as it should unless we disconnect and I then alter the settings in the parameter screen. The What am I doing wrong or what have I missed? The following screenshot shows the parameters screen on logging in as admin, after the changes to the files (file having been re pbo'd etc.):   Preset image

I initially thought that as I had made these changes after we had been playing for a few nights that maybe they were ineffective as a save game already existed, so I used the parameters to wipe the save and the results remained the same. Any thoughts?

You've obviously do a mistake in editing the mission_params.hpp. This can't work at all, because you've entered no valid values for the default value.

Example:

class ReviveRequiredItems
	{
		title = $STR_A3_RequiredItems;
		isGlobal = 1;
		values[] = {-100,0,1,2};
		texts[] = {$STR_A3_MissionDefault,$STR_A3_None,$STR_A3_Medikit,$STR_A3_FirstAidKitOrMedikit};
		default = 3;
		function = "bis_fnc_paramReviveRequiredItems";
	};

You set default to 3. But 3 is no valid value (look at the values array). First entry in the texts array is connected to the first value in the values array etc.

Please have a look at the wiki entry where the changing of mission parameter default values is explained:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:ConfigFiles#uimission_paramshpp

And to disable the cinematics, you've to edit the default value to 0. And concerning the BI Revive, you should have a look at this:

https://github.com/Wyqer/kp_liberation/wiki/EN:FAQ#parameters-set-correctly-but-non-medics-cant-revive-with-medikit

• Thanks 1

Thank you, and sorry for not noticing that. I had completely missed/ignored the values array and was going with 0= Default, 1= None, 2= First Aid kit and 3= First Aid kit & MediKit. Note to self stop editing when tired!:down:

Thank you for your speedy response, and for going easy on me in your reply!

11 minutes ago, viper2511 said:

Thank you for your speedy response, and for going easy on me in your reply!

You're welcome.
And you asked a normal question. Also you provided basically all information which are needed directly without need for asking for it. So it's all fine and the best way to ask questions I guess :)

On 2017-10-10 at 11:44 AM, Wyqer said:

Concerning experimental missionfiles

As it seems that the experimental missionfiles I provide here aren't used (or nobody reports back, which is basically the same), I'll hand these out only on our discord in a closed server admin channel in the future.

So if you're interested in these missionfiles, join the discord and mention that you run a server which regularly host the Liberation mission and you're the admin there. Then you'll gain access to the mentioned channel and will be notified if there is something new to test.

Currently the testing is very important, as the release of 0.96 isn't far.

Have there been a newer once since the one that were released?

Pretty sure if you join the discord they have beta versions avail

The participating server admins are just testing the release candidate of 0.96

0.96 Release

Download via GitHub

Workshop versions will be updated in the next couple of minutes.

Use a fresh save/campaign for 0.96. Using an old 0.955 save could cause issues.
If you need the old missionfile to finish your campaign first, you can still download it at the GitHub releases tab.

Changelog:

• Added: BI Support System functionality. (Currently deactivated, as there are still issues in MP)
    • Added: Parameter for access to the Support System -> Disabled, Commander, Whitelist, Everyone.
    • Added: BI Artillery support for artillery vehicles and mortars (if built manned or AI ordered to get in as crew).
    • Added: Players can request artillery support from players (generates task).
  • Added: Civil Reputation.
    • Added: Config variables in kp_liberation_config.sqf.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for killing civilians.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for killing allied resistance fighters.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for seizing civil vehicles.
    • Added: Reputation penalty for destroyed/damaged civil buildings. (evaluated only on capture a sector event)
    • Added: Mission parameter to choose building penalty for damaged or only destroyed buildings.
    • Added: Reputation gain for liberated sectors.
    • Added: After capturing a sector you might find wounded civilians. You can also gain reputation for offering medical support.
  • Added: Civil informant.
    • Added: If you've a good reputation, a civil informant can rarely spawn at blufor sectors.
    • Added: Intel increase, if you capture the informant and bring him back to a FOB.
    • Added: There is a chance that an informant will reveal a time critical task to kill a HVT.
  • Added: Asymmetric Threats.
    • Added: Possibility of IEDs in blufor sectors, if you have a bad civil reputation.
    • Added: Own logistic convoys can be ambushed by guerilla forces.
    • Added: Value for guerilla strength which will be affected by the events connected to guerilla forces.
    • Added: Guerilla forces presets.
    • Added: Dynamic guerilla forces equipment depending on their strength value.
    • Added: Chance that guerilla forces will join the fight at a sector as friend or foe. (depends on reputation)
    • Added: Possibility of a guerilla ambush in blufor sectors (additional to IEDs).
  • Added: Chinese Simplified localization. Thanks to nercon
  • Added: Automatic server restart script for dedicated servers. Thanks to k4s0
  • Added: Settings in the mission parameters for particular debug messages.
  • Added: Factory map markers now indicate which production facilities are available there.
  • Added: LoW Civilians.
  • Added: LoW UAV backpacks to the default blacklist.
  • Added: LoW AL-6 Pelican UAV.
  • Added: Some of the new RHS vehicles.
  • Added: Turkish localization. Thanks to Carbneth
  • Added: Parameter to set a cooldown for using mobile respawns.
  • Updated: English ingame tutorial texts in stringtable. Thanks to FatRefrigerator
  • Removed: Liberation skill handling of AI units, as BI do this good enough now concerning wounds, etc.
  • Removed: Vehicle explosion chance script for convoy ambush.
  • Removed: Old debug messages.
  • Tweaked: Terrain alignment will be persistent during repeat building of objects (like walls). Thanks to veteran29
  • Tweaked: Some reordering of UI elements.
  • Tweaked: Localization support for the extended options menu. Thanks to nercon
  • Tweaked: Highlight color in production list changed to blue instead of misleading green.
  • Tweaked: Amounts of resources on each FOB and production site is now visible in logistic dropdown menu as (Supplies/Ammo/Fuel).
  • Tweaked: Removed the logistic convoy cap of 26 (which was due to the alphabet).
  • Tweaked: Captured enemy vehicles are now also listed in the commanders zeus interface.
  • Tweaked: Cities won't be able to produce resources anymore.
  • Tweaked: IED count in cities, capitals and factories is now dependend on the civil reputation.
  • Tweaked: Corrected some strings in the stringtable.
  • Tweaked: Factories don't have all facilities from the start anymore. The facility they start with is set at campaign start.
  • Tweaked: Replaced all deprecated BIS_fnc_selectRandom with the engine solution selectRandom.
  • Tweaked: Server log will now contain the [STATS] message of all clients. (players and HCs)
  • Tweaked: Preset system split to select blufor, opfor, resistance and civilians independently. Thanks to Applejakerie
  • Tweaked: Capitals, cities and factories are now basically guarded by "militia" forces. Switching to regular army if the enemy combat readiness is increased.
  • Tweaked: Static weapons array missed some weapons.
  • Tweaked: Civil vehicles are now saved at a FOB after they were seized by players.
  • Tweaked: Some small code optimizations and format corrections.
  • Fixed: Player got custom recoil and aiming coefficients on respawn.
  • Fixed: Rare script error on closing respawn screen directly after joining the mission.
  • Fixed: Players could deploy multiple FOBs when they selected deploy fast enough on the same container.
  • Fixed: It was possible to disassemble a mortar in preview.
  • Fixed: Preview vehicles could get saved if you shut down the mission right after canceling the build process or if you'd still the preview in front you.
  • Fixed: Small issues due to the default "hold fire" combat mode for AI.
  • Fixed: Single Infantry units weren't saved sometimes.
  • Fixed: Paratroopers got sometimes an attack helicopter instead of a transport helicopter.
  • Fixed: Rescue helipad blocked building in their near vicinity.
  • Fixed: MPKill Eventhandler issue when using ACE.
  • Fixed: Function to buy a logistic truck worked but caused an error in dedicated server environment.
  • Fixed: Couldn't build under powerlines.
  • Fixed: Items in backpack weren't checked by arsenal blacklist crawler.
  • Like 4

So- !  I forgot the location of the .sqf  to change the halo default jump height.  Could you tell me?   (awesome  progress!)

GOT IT